• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

papas

Reaction score
london_00.jpg

Anyone know what the boots in this photo are? Feel like I've seen them before but can't quite pin it. From @nepenthes.official insta

papas

Reaction score
Pretty close, thanks for the help. Found them after a whole day of searching on a sold depop listing of all places, they're a pair of prada hiking boots from a couple years ago

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty close, thanks for the help. Found them after a whole day of searching on a sold depop listing of all places, they're a pair of prada hiking boots from a couple years ago
Those boots are really nice! Seems like they're based on the Danner crater rim model. Another alternative could be the Reese Cooper Wilson boot, which is only out in beige now but there are more colors on the way.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much slimmer are the Needles narrow track pants compared to the original? Measurements online seem wildly inaccurate, I've seen most stores measurements seem to match those of the regular ones with a leg opening of ~ 10" on a large.

I also saw End list the leg opening as 6" which is skinny jeans territory.

Are the measurements deceptive maybe because of the creases? The regular ones always look straight fit or baggy. Are the narrow more of a straight fit and the regular one relaxed/slightly baggy? Thanks.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Are the narrow more of a straight fit and the regular one relaxed/slightly baggy? Thanks.

This is always going to be subjective based on personnel taste and how you size the track pants. As the waist is adjustable. Basically, though the H. D Pant is the super baggy cut. The straight as its name suggests is a straight leg fit. The narrow is a lot slimmer than the straight. If you don't like slim fits the narrow is not for you. There is a new version that is tapered and has a zip opening on the leg.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the v neck shirt or cardigan jacket? Would you recommend? I only see fits with the mohair cardigans and was looking for a lighter weight/less warm alternative.

Was thinking one of these (other than the mesh ones because of kids) or the EG cardigan jacket.

illiterate

Reaction score
Speaking of other Nepenthes brands, it seems like The Conspires is dead? Unfortunate if true considering they had some nice outerwear pieces in the fall/winter in previous seasons. Also I'm guessing no FW22 RandT as well?

blackcheer

Reaction score
Speaking of other Nepenthes brands, it seems like The Conspires is dead? Unfortunate if true considering they had some nice outerwear pieces in the fall/winter in previous seasons. Also I'm guessing no FW22 RandT as well?

Have been curious about that too.

Seems The Conspires only lasted a few years. Did they start in 2020?

And seems RANDT doesn't put something out every season. According to the collection archive, there's no real rhythm to their releases:

illiterate

Reaction score
Have been curious about that too.

Seems The Conspires only lasted a few years. Did they start in 2020?

And seems RANDT doesn't put something out every season. According to the collection archive, there's no real rhythm to their releases:
I believe FW19 was the first Conspires season? They had a nice reversible parka one season that I had my eye on but never ended up pulling the trigger on it.

Also, if anyone has a lead on a SS18 river trek jacket in this green camo, please let me know :) Preferably a size L!

1663199660866.png

blackcheer

Reaction score
Probably wishful thinking, but I'm looking for this South2 West8 jungle fatigue jacket in pink camo in size large, if anyone stumbles across it
CAMO-JUNGLE-FATIGUE-JACKET--PURPLE-PINK--20210520005158.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member