• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh drops on the Nepenthes Japan online store (Needles and EG).

I think both collections are fantastic. EG Ss15 has a strong inspiration behind it and is really cohesive. Needles on the other hand is more an eclectic mix of individually interesting items.

eluther

Reaction score
The thing that tripped me up was add funds and then the holding period – that along with not realizing you pay for shipping as a separate charge. Pretty sure I figured it out, though.

Stone

Reaction score
Being trapped inside by the Boston snow made it feel like a good day to bust out the fur piping track jacket and pants combo.

Now I just need a squash blossom necklace to make the hippie-gangster connection complete.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool pickup for a size L

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nepenthes-N...a-/181658050525?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the patchwork/frayed front white shirts are available anywhere yet?

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the patchwork/frayed front white shirts are available anywhere yet?

I've only seen the ladies (long dress) version so far. Geek has an older season one (size s).

@AlexanderTG A Vontade does some interesting looking stuff. Will be interested to hear your impressions! (Don't know of anyone on SF who's tried the brand before).

Haven't seen it released anywhere yet. In the lookbook its called the 'over dyed zig-zag stitch chore coat' if that's helpful for googling / asking Nepenthes NY

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kopped some victory sneakers, mainly like that it's a good NB colorway without the NB logo.

mbaum

Reaction score
@Lorcan7 Looking forward to it. They have some very nice looking stuff.

http://driveontrack.co.jp
A Vontade looks very Arpenteur/ Officine Generale/ French Trotters to me. I thought it actually was a French brand. I like some of the blue jackets/ blazers and the the black jacket that you linked to, Alex. Rest is a bit meh

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At risk of derailing my own thread further (oops) I would say A Vontade is an odd one to me.

On the one hand their bread and butter seems to be francophone workwear / tailoring, the kind of thing you imagine is aimed at the Japanese dudes who love Yaeca and Paraboot michael shoes. Some similarities to Orslow too with the military + denim basics. On the other hand there are pieces that lean towards being a bit wrinklier, and longer and slimmer in the sleeve. Like the collarless leather rider jackets they did a while back (which looked pretty excellent), they were almost more like something KK Attachment or Jun Hashimoto would do. And that mac, which has a whiff of Harnden to it, as Alex said. I feel like its a brand that pushes / pulls in quite a few different directions without quite nailing any of them, but nevertheless comes up with the odd great looking piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads