• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

eluther

Reaction score
@mitchellmcm27 Nepenthes NY always includes them in my shipments when I order from them. If you paid postage, they'd probably ship them to you.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fit looks great to me for that sort of style/ shape. Definitely wouldn't have gone with a size down and I think a size up would have resulted in the shoulder seams siting too low, which might not have bothered you but would put me off.

Yep, I like it.

It's a puffy style and will look a little big on almost anyone. I say the sleeves and shoulders are spot on. Would like to see it zipped.

Congrats.

+1 Looks good.

Thanks a bunch guys! I needed that - it felt a bit weird because it didn't fit the traditional cropped bomber length/looked like online shop models were wearing it shorter. I think I was just being sensitive :embar:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should call that Needles sale the "What-the-tags-say-we-*really*-should-have-charged-you-for-it sale".

:embar:

Edit: just nabbed the black polka dot tab collar shirt I was eyeing all fall. After the currency exchange it's $135 to my door. Happy guy. Still one left in med and XL.

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, so I know Silver and Gold ship to the US no problem as I've used them before.

Anybody else have any good experience from this list of stockists from Japan?

Thanks!

acoustics
alpoa
atwork
basies
beans1989
beverly hills chicken
boomerang
cassidy
chanto
c-shack
digital mountain
doo-bop
eggplant
geek
herbie
j-suplex
kink nagoya
kippleland
knockout
lantiki
loftman
maps
midland ship
natural1999
niagara house
on the ground
permanent
reggieshop
rounds hikone
secondstage
silver and gold
starling
takanna

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
I ordered directly from Reggieshop and Doo-bop, in addition to SaG. All three are easy to work with, all my communication was via email, payment via paypal.

I also ordered from Takanna but used a proxy (From Japan) and that also was an easy transaction.

Mike

eluther

Reaction score
+1 for Reggie, though they wouldn't reply to my emails. Checked out via PayPal and received what I ordered, so can't complain.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a few more Japanese stockists but I can no longer edit the original post to add to the list, and have since forgotten them... have to dig through my internet history.

I really like SS15 and will have to restrain myself as I already have plenty of summer clothing and limited opportunities to wear it. I may go for some fatigue shorts though, at least.

Edit: and the mismatch sneakers if I can get my hands on a pair
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Think I might be in the minority but beyond a few shirts I really prefer EG this season.

Also, I was speaking to one of the sales assistants in Goodhood about a month or so back as he was wearing a 7 cut flannel and he mentioned that they will be carrying Needles this season. Forgot to ask about EG but I'd been speaking to a girl on Instagram before that and she mentioned that she was going to try and get them to stock that too.

Brattman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any North American stockists carrying Rough and Tumble?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads