• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

anyone have the s2w8 binocular bag? been looking for a small bag (basically a man purse) and this one looks perfect.

I have one of their fanny packs that I use all the time. FWIW though I think the retail price is a little high for what you get (probably the first Nepenthes product I've not been wow-ed by in terms of construction)

Last edited:

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, have had one for 3 years, and use it pretty much daily. Getting a little beat up so thinking about replacing it. Think I paid 125 at Nepenthes store. I posted a pic a while back in either this thread or the EG thread.

The only quibble (really, it's minor) is that the leather and hardware is basically built for life, but the sunforger canvas isn't. It's really durable, but if you're looking for, say, really long-term use you might want to consider a different material.

still, the size is perfect for a small lunch/umbrella/notebook etc.

anyone have the s2w8 binocular bag? been looking for a small bag (basically a man purse) and this one looks perfect.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm maybe I'd be better off going with something all leather in that case? appreciate the thoughts guys.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hmmm maybe I'd be better off going with something all leather in that case? appreciate the thoughts guys.

S2w8 has ballistic cloth bags that are pretty sweet.

edit: in fact the binocular bag comes in black ballistic (and possibly green) ballistic cloth. I'd go for that if what you want is a casual everyday bag. for something more work related, provided you're white collar, Filson #70230 small field bag is probably your best bet.

Last edited:

Beedub

Reaction score
I have the Binocular bag in ballistic nylon, been using it for a couple of years now and it shows no obvious signs of wear, good sturdy bag but i do wish the strap was a bit longer.

lawlercon

Reaction score
In my opinion, the sunforger just wears so well. It does start to look "worn it" but it does not impact the durability of the fabric at all. I've been using the briefcase for 2 years, everyday - and it is fine.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my opinion, the sunforger just wears so well. It does start to look "worn it" but it does not impact the durability of the fabric at all. I've been using the briefcase for 2 years, everyday - and it is fine.

do you have a picture of yours worn in? i love the way the sunforger looks.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the MA1 x M65 after beasting after it for so long. Decided to get the Large...I figure I would err on the side of too big rather than too small. What do you think of the sizing? Be honest, I'm a big boy

Last edited:

Beedub

Reaction score
Fit looks great to me for that sort of style/ shape. Definitely wouldn't have gone with a size down and I think a size up would have resulted in the shoulder seams siting too low, which might not have bothered you but would put me off.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I like it.

It's a puffy style and will look a little big on almost anyone. I say the sleeves and shoulders are spot on. Would like to see it zipped.

Congrats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads