• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE navy blazer

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been searching for the perfect navy blazer forever, it seems. I'm looking for something resembling the fit of the Rag&Bone Dagger blazer or Rugby RL's blazers, i.e. slim and slightly cropped. Preferably under 2 hundies. Ideas?

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Hey guys, I've been searching for the perfect navy blazer forever, it seems. I'm looking for something resembling the fit of the Rag&Bone Dagger blazer or Rugby RL's blazers, i.e. slim and slightly cropped. Preferably under 2 hundies. Ideas?

Not quite a blazer, but my favourite sportcoat is the rare navy one Wings+Horns did a few seasons ago. Fantastic piece.

Blazer-wise, I saw an APC in navy that's the standard slim+more cropped than trad cut

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An APC blazer would be killer. Know where I could get one for a steal?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Not quite a blazer, but my favourite sportcoat is the rare navy one Wings+Horns did a few seasons ago. Fantastic piece.

Blazer-wise, I saw an APC in navy that's the standard slim+more cropped than trad cut

The 2-button APC blazer mentioned above would by my go-to choice for a navy blazer, currently. It's really nice and I've been fortunate enough to try it on. I'm a 36, and the 36 fit spot-on, right down to the sleeves. You can see it at the Barney's that carry APC. Also, bigger sized/metro area Nordstroms. However it does run a little north of 4 hundred if memory serves..

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fit of uniqlo +j from those who have tried it? The design looks solid.

I'm a 42, size recs?

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
How's the fit of uniqlo +j from those who have tried it? The design looks solid.

I'm a 42, size recs?

randomkoreandude's proxying me one. Apparently they fit really slim, I went for an S instead of an XS, and I usually fit XS for more brands.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been after this too for the past few years. It's actually a bit complicated deciding between cotton vs. wool, dark buttons vs. gold buttons, etc. I've come to the conclusion that there is no perfect navy blazer, or none that I've come across so far.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
I've been after this too for the past few years. It's actually a bit complicated deciding between cotton vs. wool, dark buttons vs. gold buttons, etc. I've come to the conclusion that there is no perfect navy blazer, or none that I've come across so far.

True, it depends on context + how versatile you want it to be. IMO gold buttons are a bit too much nowadays, hard to wear it in anything less than a formal setting without looking douchey.

Also, cotton is a pretty bad material for blazers, linen blends are a bit better, but well. From past experiences, I'd stay away from cotton

hobojones

Reaction score
Just ordered a +J navy blazer for a bill. Though, I can't comment on the fit as I haven't received it yet, measurements indicate they'd be a pretty nice cut though : http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/support/size/068411_size.html If this thread is still around in a week, I'll report back. Also, I had my eye on one of the Our Legacy navy blazers from this season (check TBS), but I don't have the cash to spill on one of those right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads