• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Naked Ape Gets Dressed

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
He refuses to address that. I noted the same thing 3 posts in, but he brushes right past it.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clubman
On the ganja - I think that it is hypocritical to get tough on tobacco while loosening up on other soft drugs. I don't think that you have been especially confrontational and I am glad to have your tips.

Is it not hypocritical to imply one substance should stay illegal, while at the same time promoting the use of another substance which is more addictive and more damaging to ones health?

clubman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
He refuses to address that. I noted the same thing 3 posts in, but he brushes right past it.

I've changed the template, if that's what you mean. I'm happy with the title. Do you mean something else?

clubman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Is it not hypocritical to imply one substance should stay illegal, while at the same time promoting the use of another substance which is more addictive and more damaging to ones health?

I am not saying that my view is that ganja should stay illegal, I'm pointing to the inconsistency of the Tin Hitlers. There is, actually, some evidenec that frequent use of marijuana can produce psychological disorders and most users mix it with tobacco anyway. I have tried ganja. A spliff did nothing for me at all, except leave me with the feeling that I really had been smoking grass (I mean lawn grass); so, giving it a further chance, I stoked up a pipe with some of the weed, mixed just with a little strong Latakia tobacco and smoked it through. I spent a morning in and out of consciousness and decided that I'd stick to decent tobacco, in the future. OK?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clubman
I've changed the template, if that's what you mean.

Much more readable now!

I have no idea what issue a couple of others seem to have with the title of your blog. It's quite an amusing spin on the Desmond Morris quote.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
As a routine flower-wearer, I like the discussion of flowers for buttonholes. None of my jackets have open buttonholes, so I often tuck six or seven small flowers on the stem into my breast pocket.

Are you sure they are not just basted shut? Most lapel buttonholes can be opened just like your jacket pockets.

clubman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Much more readable now!

I have no idea what issue a couple of others seem to have with the title of your blog. It's quite an amusing spin on the Desmond Morris quote.

I suppose that, if you don't know the Desmond Morris context, it might sound strange and, of course, there are those who don't like to think of themselves as animals at all, as well as all the rather earnest folk who think that they'll be turned to stone if they smile or dance on a Sunday...
laugh.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

NJS

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice blog (and I love the name). More pics of your Davies and Budd gear would be helpful.

clubman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Nice blog (and I love the name). More pics of your Davies and Budd gear would be helpful.

Thanks! I see what I can do on some more pictures.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Are you sure they are not just basted shut? Most lapel buttonholes can be opened just like your jacket pockets.

I think you're overestimating my net worth. The jackets I buy are extremely cheap, so the only way to achieve the cut I want (I'm quite thin and short, with a 35 inch chest) is to buy from places like H&M and Urban Outfitters, whose designers rarely even bother to sew fake stitching on.

A white linen pocket square with a few early spring violets tucked in front can look quite handsome. Until I buy my next suit (probably a MTM tux), it will have to suffice.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
(I'm quite thin and short, with a 35 inch chest) .

You have come to the right place
lol8[1].gif

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Does anyone put flowers in their button holes?
Yes,
at evening when me meet people,

clubman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
Yes,
at evening when me meet people,

I suppose that the alternative answer might be: where else do you put them? Anyway, many thanks for all the helpful and encouraging comments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads