• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The myth of declining quality

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would never lob elitist as an accusation. I consider myself an elitist. I, generally, think discernment is underrated.

I just think you think you aren't an elitist. Despite the fact that you look down on people and their choices (probably because you do in fact have a better eye and know more than them).

Seems weird to accuse me of being an elitist when I spend more time than most people on here recommending affordable options to people. I spend hours every week digging up eBay finds for people on a budget. I've written for Put This On for over ten years, and nearly every post includes an affordable version of whatever I'm talking about.
Sounds like some elite qualifications.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would never lob elitist as an accusation. I consider myself an elitist. I, generally, think discernment is underrated.

I just think you think you aren't an elitist. Despite the fact that you look down on people and their choices (probably because you do in fact have a better eye and know more than them).

Sounds like some elite qualifications.
I don't know what you mean by eltist. But if the measure of elitism is saying that some people are poorly dressed, then I suppose I'm an elitist.

I don't think you have to have money to be well dressed. As I said earlier, as a total population, I think most well-dressed people are not wearing particularly high-end clothes. But it's true that most people are poorly dressed, and I would say that most people who wear high-end clothing are poorly dressed. Style is much more of a function of time spent and taste than it is about money.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by eltist.
Someone who spends time deriding and judging others' choices within an area they have a high degree of expertise and competence in would fit the bill well.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He already said he's an elitist, per your definition. Why are you still digging
No he didn't. He gave his own, obviously uselessly broad, definition to make the label as it applies to himself meaningless. See below.

I don't know what you mean by eltist. But if the measure of elitism is saying that some people are poorly dressed, then I suppose I'm an elitist.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh.

I guess...proceed with the pointless persecution, then?
Hey ... I'm a nobody on this forum. A mere peon. He's a forum magnate who brought old dirt to fling around. So now we all roll in the mud!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.