• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Moving Arts' 100 Greatest Movies of All Time List Unveiled

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron

I think Malick's The New World is the best film I've seen in the past 10 years. I think it has a small, feverishly devoted cult but I guess not many people saw it. .

It was an excellent film. I would rank it over Malick's Badlands but probably not Days of Heaven or the Thin Red Line. It doesn't receive much public support but it's high regarded by critics. It made the top ten in the films of the decade list in Film Comment, which is a survey of critics worldwide.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I would have these on there.
12 Angry Men
It's a Wonderful Life

12 Angry Men is a notable exclusion.
Wonderful Life (which is my all-time favorite) is probably rightfully missing.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
As far as I'm concerned Terminator and Aliens are better films than There Will be Blood - but I'm a PTA h8er

Whew, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

aizan

Reaction score
i prefer ebert's great movies list. why bother stopping at 100, or putting them in order?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
no Con-Air?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did someone say Avatar should be on this list??? WTF!!

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Face-Off was better than Con-Air.

How come Snake Eyes never gets any love? Maybe it's just because I'm a De Palma fanboy.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too many films which are only listed because of their books. and too many films which were paradigm shifts in movie culture.

"heat" is missing btw

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
How come Snake Eyes never gets any love? Maybe it's just because I'm a De Palma fanboy.

You and I are the only two people in the world who like this film. In fact until your post I thought I was the only one. I think De Palma's output is prety uneven, but this is almost the ultimate "film about film". The second hour is forced and sort of anti-climatic but by that time I was engrossed I didn't care. Powerful stuff. When he is on, De Palma's visual storytelling is what validates the Hitchcock comparisons.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
As far as I'm concerned Terminator and Aliens are better films than There Will be Blood - but I'm a PTA h8er

Absolutely. Add Conan and Excalibur.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Wonderful Life (which is my all-time favorite) is probably rightfully missing.
Oh, Donna. Your face alone.....
inlove.gif
donna%20reed1.jpg

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Oh, Donna. Your face alone.....
inlove.gif

donna%20reed1.jpg

I walked passed her parents' house every day on my way to elementary school in Iowa. Even then I wished that just once I would catch a look at her during one of her trips home.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no pixar on the list is ridiculous. they're animated and kid's films but several of them have 0 flaws.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads