The Most Stylish Winter Jackets?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 2sweet, Feb 12, 2008.

1. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

What are your nominees on the most stylish winter jackets? I am especially interested in coats that can keep me warm in temperatures as low as 10 degrees farhenheit.

I like:

1. Eddie Bauer's fitted goose down jacket

2. Land's End fitted down vest.

Other candidates? I am especially interested in coats that are under $150.

2. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Wing + Horns, made by Canadians so you know it can handle the cold! Seriously, I've got a heavy W+H blazer and a hoodie, they are super-warm and soft! You'll probably have to break your $150 mark though.

I saw a really cool Julian Red wool shawl-trench in gray on SuFu, I think he wanted $200 for it and it looked well worth it.

3. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

Yeah, absolutely, if it's quality natural fibers we're talking about, I am flexible on price. If we're talking about wool blend or polyester, fugedaboutit, I want the best price possible!

4. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

it's hard to top a classic peacoat. properly layered, you should stay warm at 10F.

-Jeff

5. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

i think a duffle coat is also very stylish. on top of that, not many people wear them.

6. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

bump to peacoat, def...

im not particularly a fan of longer coats so duffle is out of question, but i am fan of coats with toggle closures....

7. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

I wear a Spiewak peacoat, it keeps me really warm in the Minnesota winter and cost me just under 150 dollars.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Try a Spiewak N3-B parka. If you search around a bit online, then you can find one with a coyote fur hood. That looks a lot better than the fake fur. They usually run about $120, and are warm as hell.

9. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

Oh man, a parka is starting to sound REALLY good right now. I'm especially looking for one that's fitted and lightweight. Most of the dudes around here wear them extremely oversized, one two three sizes too large, swimmin' in it. I figure it'll be more stylish as well as warmer if it's fitted.

I'm dealing mainly with mail order. No Uniqlo or H&M 'round these parts.

10. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

my junya moncler collab hooded down jacket

11. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

That jacket is looking bad ass according to my internet search. Can I get this online?
    What price?
    my junya moncler collab hooded down jacket

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

next winter Im getting a Filson mackinaw coat. Really good looking, practical and supposedly very warm.

13. xchen

xchen Senior member

I agree with SuperBobo. The Filson Mackinaw Cruzers are very nice looking. I'd like one of those as well as one of the waxed cotten field jackets. However, those are probably not going to be this year as I'll be getting the Wested Indy jacket.

14. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I would also go with the classic peacoat, and I had a hardon for duffle coats earlier this fall.

Bobo, I had never seen a Filson's Mackinaw until I read your post. I checked on them and they appear to be a heavy wool jacket in a very nice 'outdoorsman' cut. I'd definitely check them out if they were a bit cheaper. How low do they hang? It appears they may be a hair short for my taste in a heavy coat.

15. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

Oh man, a parka is starting to sound REALLY good right now. I'm especially looking for one that's fitted and lightweight. Most of the dudes around here wear them extremely oversized, one two three sizes too large, swimmin' in it. I figure it'll be more stylish as well as warmer if it's fitted.

I'm dealing mainly with mail order. No Uniqlo or H&M 'round these parts.

Yes, most dudes wear them oversized like hell. You might want to watch it when you think about wearing a parka that's a little on the slim side, though. I have a lot of friends not into fashion persecuting me like hell for wearing my slim bomber/parka. Mad compliments when I wear oversized, baggy clothing two sizes too big, though... (I was putting my friend's jacket on in class because it was cold!) [​IMG]

I personally think it [slim parka] looks nice. Just be ready for the comments.