• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Most Magnificent Cake Ever

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought this was worth sharing with you guys. We had a party for a retiring captain at Dulles last night, he flew 747s and was a Concorde pilot at one time. The cake was completely amazing (vanilla/chocolate swirl btw), not just the taste, but the cake itself-
Conc.jpg
Yes, it's a Concorde. I have never seen such a beautifully done cake in my life, especially that of an airplane! Kudos to the chef from the Four Seasons. Anyone ever made specialty cakes like this before? JB

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My grandfather flew the Concorde. It's something I wish I'd had a chance to do. It's a shame they retired it.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cake is a slang term for female genitilia. There is no more magnificent cake.
You just have to look in better areas of town for the more refined cake.

My grandfather flew the Concorde.
He wasn't Mike Bannister was he?!
laugh.gif

It's something I wish I'd had a chance to do. It's a shame they retired it.
+1. I fly the Concorde on Flight Simulator once in a while since that seems to be the closest I'll get!

JB

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
kinda looks like it crashed into the ocean
smile.gif
btw, I just toured the A380, cheesy photo in the cockpit and all....

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the ocean part. Ah well, I guess it's hard to portray an airplane in flight on a cake
smile.gif
How did you like the A380 m@t? Post your photo with it, I have mine here somewhere. JB

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I thought this was worth sharing with you guys. We had a party for a retiring captain at Dulles last night, he flew 747s and was a Concorde pilot at one time. The cake was completely amazing (vanilla/chocolate swirl btw), not just the taste, but the cake itself-
Conc.jpg
Yes, it's a Concorde. I have never seen such a beautifully done cake in my life, especially that of an airplane! Kudos to the chef from the Four Seasons. Anyone ever made specialty cakes like this before? JB

Originally Posted by edmorel
Cake is a slang term for female genitilia. There is no more magnificent cake.
I have piloted my Concorde into some magnificent cake...
tounge.gif
but I cant say it was Vanilla Chocolate swirl.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast

How did you like the A380 m@t? Post your photo with it, I have mine here somewhere.

What do I think of the A380? Well, I am Airbus' Vietnam PR representative, so I should state that upfront.

So...on to my answer - Ive seen the 380 in various stages of development for the past 3 yrs or so, been to the TLS factory a few times, as well as seen a couple of different cabin mockups at Airbus HQ.

It is a mightily impressive beast, and - as trendy as it may be to disparage it at the moment - I am a believer. This thing will change the world. People like to say 'who needs something that big to fly from Toulouse to Toledo' - that just misses the point. 80% of world travel occurs between 20 airports (only 3 of which are in the US btw).

And those planes are full and demand is rising. Plus the airports are full - no landing slots...the only way to get more people into them, is to put more people on planes, not to put more planes on routes - and that means you need bigger planes.

Baggage/Immigration/Checkin/Customs are all going to be challenges for the airlines.

Last week was the first time I had been inside an A380 (MSN7 to be precise) - but have to say, inside MSN7 is basically just a plane - only bigger.

It is a test plane set up at (from memory) 525 seats, which feels a little tight. Has an OK size 'First Class', which in my opinion is more just Business-Plus, and then a very large standard Business on the top floor in front of a 10 abreast Coach.

That said - the plane I have been in will bear almost no resemblance to the cabin configurations that airlines will actually choose. I am yet to see any of the craft as they have been ordered, nor even any designs. Very closely guarded. Apparently they will tend to all be around 480-500 seat configurations, which will make them appear very different to the Airbus test plane I have explored.

...and there is no way my cheesy ass sitting-in-cockpit picture is ever going to be posted here!

Raz

Reaction score
devil.gif
where is the cake pic i cant see it

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my photobucket screwed itself. I'll fix it.
Thanks for the heads up Raz.

JB

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I am Airbus' Vietnam PR representative, so I should state that upfront.
Oooh goodie
smile.gif

I agree with your comments about the A380 being a success in the end. The 747 wasn't really the most successful airplane in the beginning either. I would figure that a lot of Asian airlines will use it on more short-haul routes (anyone who has flown in Asia would know that the majority of the Asian flights are on widebody aircraft) and it will find a good niche there. Not to mention all the trans-ocean flights as well. I can't wait to fly on this thing.

JB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads