• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Most Handwork on a Suit?

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
By Liverano & Liverano.

More than the Kiton K-50.

"He is also one of the few tailors who treasured the techniques and the secrets of tailoring as art. It takes 70 hours to make a Liverano suit. As every artist, also Liverano is very proud of his secrets and wants to keep this core of his creativity"

What you think about this?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Having everything hand made is not necessary for a suit to be the best quality. Often it seems more like bragging rights.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
What's the price point?

You would have to take a trip to Florence to see this man's work.

He makes ties; suits and shirts.

his suits are quite a sight.

www.liverano.com

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Having everything hand made is not necessary for a suit to be the best quality. Often it seems more like bragging rights.

I must say, the one Liverano piece I have, a Navy Blazer, is quite nice. It retailed at Saks main store for $2800. I bought it at off 5th for considerably less. It is the best fitting coat I have out of Isaia, Brioni, Oxxford Crest, and RLPL. Unfortunately, no Kiton to compare it to though. It molds to my body better than anything I have. I would give it a ringing endorsement, FWIW.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the K-50, it is most likely another marketing thing, as there are numerous places you could go and get a suit that takes 50 hours or more to make.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I must say Chris, you find some obscure clothiers.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I must say Chris, you find some obscure clothiers.

Hmm; I find brands of clothing that aren't big names; yet look great. So you guys can enjoy what I find.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting it is a bad thing...I appreciate your efforts.

It is hard to determine if they do have the best handwork. Maybe they do.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'm not suggesting it is a bad thing...I appreciate your efforts.

It is hard to determine if they do have the best handwork. Maybe they do.

Yes and thank you for the words.

Question for all you suit guys;

Does having handwork or the more or lack of it; a better fit than say a Brioni or Kiton or Borrelli RTW?

iyorito

Reaction score
Liverano is one of the most important tailor in Florence. (either Liverano or Loris Vestrucci).

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I must say, the one Liverano piece I have, a Navy Blazer, is quite nice. It retailed at Saks main store for $2800. I bought it at off 5th for considerably less. It is the best fitting coat I have out of Isaia, Brioni, Oxxford Crest, and RLPL. Unfortunately, no Kiton to compare it to though. It molds to my body better than anything I have. I would give it a ringing endorsement, FWIW.
I've yet to see a RTW Liverano coat. I'm sure they are very nice, but not the same thing as the bespoke suits Chris is talking about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics