Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The most comfortable suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CTLION, Oct 17, 2013.

1. CTLION

CTLION Senior member

I own at least a dozen suits with brands like Zegna, Canali, Paul Stuart, Hugo Boss, Joseph Abboud, but the most comfortable suit I have ever worn is my Samuelsohn Performance suit (I now own two). This suit is like wearing a cloud. It is light, sleek, flexible and above all it's sharp. While I pride myself in having some depth I am having a hard time looking at other suits when I know how comfortable that style is.

It is about the third of the price as my Zegna but it's three times more comfortable.

What is the most comfortable suit you own?

2. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

For me "comfort" usually has more to do with fit than with the manufacturer.

Cheers,

Ac

3. Dempsy444

Dempsy444 Senior member

My most comfortable suit is definitely my Despos.

Within OTR though, I would say I have found the neapolitan brands like Isia or Kiton to be the most comfortable. Very light with great range of movement in the arm and shoulder. I don't buy them because at their price I mine as well go bespoke. I recall asking the sales person why Isia was so much more comfortable than Zegna and he explained that they have a high armhole and a larger sleeve eased into a smaller armscye.

I've never worn a samuelson.