the most awesome room I have ever seen

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by GQgeek, Nov 23, 2009.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you guys need to get our more.

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I think you guys need to get our more.

Then start posting phone numbers of the women in your pics. [​IMG]

3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

It's funny that Andre facepalms me for suggesting that musicians have the worst systems as a rule. That's so accepted in the recording world that even the musicians regularly joke about it. There are great exceptions but it is quite true as a rule.

That sounds like a consensus to me.

--Andre

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Creepy

[​IMG]

6. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

do you and he share a tailor?
    John Phillips, London. I have two myself. Rumor has it Arafat buys his there.

7. Artisan Fan

John Phillips, London. I have two myself. Rumor has it Arafat buys his there.

Yessir Yourafart?

8. ldanny

ldanny Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

o_O

9. milosh

milosh Senior member

The woofers look cheap; there are too many of them; they don't look time-aligned; and generally musicians have the worst sounding systems. For pro systems, generally the only ones I like are Lipinski and ATC. Could it still sound good? Sure, but its doubtful based on my experience.
    Those are Volt driver units if I'm not mistaken. They are excellent performers. Certainly not cheap. Edit: Yup, http://www.voltloudspeakers.co.uk/.

10. Artisan Fan

Those are Volt driver units if I'm not mistaken. They are excellent performers. Certainly not cheap.

Edit: Yup, http://www.voltloudspeakers.co.uk/.

They look strange to me and typically having a cage in front of the driver is problematic. Have they been reviewed anywhere of note?

11. A Y

A Y Senior member

They look strange to me and typically having a cage in front of the driver is problematic. Have they been reviewed anywhere of note?

[​IMG] When in a hole, it's usually wise to stop digging.

--Andre

12. Artisan Fan

[​IMG] When in a hole, it's usually wise to stop digging. --Andre
    What speakers in a cage sound good to you? Honestly I am not aware of any. Most of the tech is around making a light but stiff cone for the woofer like the material in Wilson Audio and JM Lab drivers. Typically the cage is behind the driver used for support.

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

What speakers in a cage sound good to you? Honestly I am not aware of any. Most of the tech is around making a light but stiff cone for the woofer like the material in Wilson Audio and JM Lab drivers.

Typically the cage is behind the driver used for support.

Af, you're making a tempest in a styrofoam cup.

14. A Y

A Y Senior member

What speakers in a cage sound good to you? Honestly I am not aware of any. Most of the tech is around making a light but stiff cone for the woofer like the material in Wilson Audio and JM Lab drivers.

Typically the cage is behind the driver used for support.

That is the point exactly. Volt has a patent on external chassis support, so there is no other way you could have heard a woofer with an external cage unless you've listened to Volt drivers. Since by your own admission, you haven't, you were just making things up when you said "typically having a cage in front of the driver is problematic."

And you are misinformed if you think "most of the tech" in making a state-of-the-art woofer is in the cone material, but if Wilson and JM Lab drivers are considered advanced technology, then I can see why you might think that way.

--Andre

15. Artisan Fan

That is the point exactly. Volt has a patent on external chassis support, so there is no other way you could have heard a woofer with an external cage unless you've listened to Volt drivers. Since by your own admission, you haven't, you were just making things up when you said "typically having a cage in front of the driver is problematic."

And you are misinformed if you think "most of the tech" in making a state-of-the-art woofer is in the cone material, but if Wilson and JM Lab drivers are considered advanced technology, then I can see why you might think that way.

--Andre

You are the only person I know who doesn't give JM Labs and Wilson Audio some respect on their driver cone technology.