• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Mora is back!!!

guyver00

Reaction score

Invalid comparison as the two are different shapes. It is comparing apples and oranges.
Compare instead the Herrings to the C&J Lowndes. Both are chisel toed. The Mora is not.
The Moras in the photo must be an extra wide width because both my own pair of Mora's are much sleeker than those photo'd.
The AE Mora is a beautiful shoe.

You have a valid point. Do you happen to have a photo of your Mora then? Would like to see how much sleeker it is in comparison. My experience with AE is that they're a bit rounded in the toe area, but I could be wrong.

junior varsity

Reaction score
after seeing the herring shakespear... i'm ordering that instead

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Invalid comparison as the two are different shapes. It is comparing apples and oranges.
Compare instead the Herrings to the C&J Lowndes. Both are chisel toed. The Mora is not.
The Moras in the photo must be an extra wide width because both my own pair of Mora's are much sleeker than those photo'd.
The AE Mora is a beautiful shoe.

You have a valid point. Do you happen to have a photo of your Mora then? Would like to see how much sleeker it is in comparison. My experience with AE is that they're a bit rounded in the toe area, but I could be wrong.

Sure, I'll snap some photos later and post. One black, one brown. yes the Mora has an oval toe but if someone needed an extra width the toe becomes more round and less oval. Pics in awhile.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are 2 pair of AE MORA's; one black and one brown. No flash was used and they were photographed in overcast weather. The brown pair are mint and unworn, the black pair I wear quite often so this will also be a good comparison on how they age with wear compared to new. You'll notice it is a matter of angles. At one angle they may appear round and at another, more oval. The 2 pair pictured here are size 10.5D. Though I do also like a chisel toe and deeply admire and respect the C&J Lowndes, the Mora from AE is a different shoe on a different last altogether. Both are very attractive shoes in their own right.

I find myself saying this often, that only half of the pleasure of our clothes and shoes come from ownership and wearing them. The other half is for everyone else who sees it on us, again, from different angles and perspectives. Hope the photos helped.
Click either photo to see full size (right-click select open in new window)

Last edited:

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just following up- confirmed with AE today that the Mora is indeed on the #8 last.

... And is a poor fit in my usual size. Too much volume; dunno if dropping to a C width would work.

guyver00

Reaction score

Here are 2 pair of AE MORA's; one black and one brown. No flash was used and they were photographed in overcast weather. The brown pair are mint and unworn, the black pair I wear quite often so this will also be a good comparison on how they age with wear compared to new. You'll notice it is a matter of angles. At one angle they may appear round and at another, more oval. The 2 pair pictured here are size 10.5D. Though I do also like a chisel toe and deeply admire and respect the C&J Lowndes, the Mora from AE is a different shoe on a different last altogether. Both are very attractive shoes in their own right.

I find myself saying this often, that only half of the pleasure of our clothes and shoes come from ownership and wearing them. The other half is for everyone else who sees it on us, again, from different angles and perspectives. Hope the photos helped.
Click either photo to see full size (right-click select open in new window)

Thanks for photos. I do agree that the photo that I posted has a pretty rounded toe on the Mora. Yours are definitely more oval. It all comes down to person preference I suppose. I prefer chisel toes on my shoes because most of my suits are Italian and very slim fitting, can't really pull them off with anything less than chisel toes. Cheers.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very nice surprise this morning... my new custom Mora's showed up at the office TWO WEEKS EARLY! From order to door under three weeks. :slayer:

(Now to see if they fit!)

junior varsity

Reaction score

A very nice surprise this morning... my new custom Mora's showed up at the office TWO WEEKS EARLY! From order to door under three weeks. :slayer:

(Now to see if they fit!)

you paid $450?
:uhoh:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Neumora has a different shape and buckles from the original Mora. I'll have to see decent photos of the new model before forming an opinion but I am excited that AE has a forthcoming double monk in their spring lineup.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads