1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Middle Class Mind / The Wealthy Mind

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lighthouse, Jun 8, 2011.

1. RSS

RSS Senior member

Middle Class- Yearning for the day they can order bottle service and take lots of photos.
    Wealthy- Yearning for that last bottle to finish their Scotch collection?

Bottle Service?

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

3. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Bottle Service?

The scourge of nightclubs everywhere, it is. Endlessly mockable.

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I, for one, look forward to the day I can spend 50x the price of a bottle of liquor to have it delivered to my table at some filthy club. How else am I to impress skanks with my transcendent wealth and/or high limit credit cards?

5. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    I, for one, look forward to the day I can spend 50x the price of a bottle of liquor to have it delivered to my table at some filthy club. How else am I to impress skanks with my transcendent wealth and/or high limit credit cards?
    Just to give another perspective... I manage a few artists who like going to clubs but they could/would never go unless they had a private area that was relatively secured from random people barging in. The only way to do that but still get the club experience is to get 'bottle service'.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Just to give another perspective...

I manage a few artists who like going to clubs but they could/would never go unless they had a private area that was relatively secured from random people barging in. The only way to do that but still get the club experience is to get 'bottle service'.

This actually is a reflection of what we are talking about if you think about it.

7. RSS

RSS Senior member

A friend designed a club in New York that had a private 'VIP' box suspended above the floor. It was specified with one-way mirrors so that the VIP in residence could see everyone without being seen ... untill s/he decided to let everyone see by turning up the lights inside said box ... and reversing the effect of the mirrors. Of course, this was never for very long. Once everyone knew that the VIP was there and 'above them' in more than one sense of the words ... the lights were diminished and once again the VIP disappared into the dark.

Well, fame does often require a barrier ... and simultaneously requires effort to keep oneself in the limelight. I find it amusing and sad.

8. RSS

RSS Senior member

The scourge of nightclubs everywhere, it is. Endlessly mockable.
    Oh, night clubs. I seem to recall those.