• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The METROSEXUALS and the rest of us

pip

Reaction score
Hey, right now I'm studying 'metrosexuality' as a social trend. I've read some of the posts here and I'd really like to know your opinions about it.

The survey here also has some questions about the way men are today, the pressures we feel, what influences us, etc. So whether you are a metrosexual, know one, or hate them, could you please take some time to answer 13 easy questions.

Return to [email protected],
Thanks

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
why dont you put this up at surveymonkey.com, and let us see the results as they develop so we have a discussion topic as well as a chance to help you with your homework

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
why dont you put this up at surveymonkey.com, and let us see the results as they develop so we have a discussion topic as well as a chance to help you with your homework
If you do this I'll answer your survey.

trogdor

Reaction score
So you want me to open an unknown zip file that a random stranger posted on the internet?

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trogdor
So you want me to open an unknown zip file that a random stranger posted on the internet?

My concern exactly.

pip

Reaction score
Alright, will do. Thanks for the tip.

I'll post a url to the survey when I have it all organised.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Done.

Quite wordy though, found it took effort to complete and many of the questions were vague.

I've designed a couple of surveys for my own research and found that the response rate is far better with very tightly defined multiple choice questions.

Plus it's easier to actually prove a conclusion that way, rather than just gather a collection of quotes.

Good luck with your project.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Also done. How do we look at results? I disagree with Vortex in that multiple-choice surveys are for people who aren't capable of drawing conclusions based on narratives, but that's the difference between anthropology and sociology. I don't have any numbers to hide behind.

CoryB

Reaction score
Multiple-choice is always nice as it is quick and easy to derive some conclusions, but it limits answers. I did the survey and it was quite nice to have to actuall think and consider my answers.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
You forgot the real answer: the rise of women as important players in the economic and political field has given rise to individuals who look for the same attributes in males (being attracted to them) than men used to and still look for in females. I think you shouldn't have too much problems finding documentation on that as it's a pretty well convered subject.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't we progressed to the ubersexual by now ?????

ubersexual.jpg
[/IMG]

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like that "uber-sexual" is wearing a pair of Cazal 607s, made famous by Run DMC.

I suppose, though, he might have the so-called "designer stubble."

howbah

Reaction score
wasn't the "metrosexual" thing like two years ago?

chrisc

Reaction score
You know, this brings up something that I've been thinking about...

Are we considered metrosexuals?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads