The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Dec 18, 2010.

1. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Battling is worthless without wagering.

Life and death is inherent in this battle.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think its safe to call this one Mike's.

But can someone else beef with someone else so we can have a proper version of this the next time? I thought it was great - and Mike, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you got a LOT of constructive feedback in this.

3. blahman

blahman Senior member

Bit disappointed with this thread. Biffo served here was underwhelming and not what it has been hyped up to be. 1*, will not eat here again.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What can I say, guys - you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.

5. srivats

srivats Senior member

+1.

Pathetic, really. The whole thing would have been much better handled with a good Foofing, IMO.

Foofing shows Foo's take on things. That's all.

6. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

what's the story behind reevolving's bare chested picture anyway?
    did someone ask to see his build or something?

and mb ... i think you are in denial
    anytime someone says top heavy or heavy set, you try to convince them that it's the picture angle or the cut of the jacket or something to that effect
    and your constant reference to the 36R club...
    you're a big guy ... square shoulders and big wide torso ... and you don't appear to be very tall
    so anything you wear is going to make you look top heavy
    i'm not knocking your "style" ... i actually like most of the combinations you've put together
    but they just don't fit you right as other posters have already pointed out
    the lower button jackets make you look less boxy but you seem to not like them as much as your higher button and double breast suits

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I think its safe to call this one Mike's.

But can someone else beef with someone else so we can have a proper version of this the next time? I thought it was great - and Mike, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you got a LOT of constructive feedback in this.

Well, it would have been nice if he posted a fit. However, I guess it ultimately proved my point...that he lacked style and didn't have anything that fit. That was the entire reason why I discounted his criticism in the first place.

Yes, I did get alot of good constructive feedback, mixed in with a limited amount of douchebaggery. I would consider it a win.

Foofing shows Foo's take on things. That's all.

Precisely.

what's the story behind reevolving's bare chested picture anyway?
    did someone ask to see his build or something?

and mb ... i think you are in denial
    anytime someone says top heavy or heavy set, you try to convince them that it's the picture angle or the cut of the jacket or something to that effect
    and your constant reference to the 36R club...
    you're a big guy ... square shoulders and big wide torso ... and you don't appear to be very tall
    so anything you wear is going to make you look top heavy
    i'm not knocking your "style" ... i actually like most of the combinations you've put together
    but they just don't fit you right as other posters have already pointed out
    the lower button jackets make you look less boxy but you seem to not like them as much as your higher button and double breast suits

I think he posted that because he looked old and shapeless in his clothes, when in reality he is far from that.

I am most certainly not in denial. I have repeatedly stated that I have a big chest and flat shoulders. However, I also do think that pictures have a tendency to skew things a bit. I am 5 foot 9, right around average.

I love my DBs and I will never give them up, but I am making adjustments based on feedback.

Mike

8. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

The chest pic was posted b/c I was accused of being fat! I said I had a 7 in drop. That was the only way to end that debate.

I did want time for a "good fit" jacket to come back from the tailor, b/c I challenged MB's yellow jacket. That is the gap in my wardrobe I mentioned. In the meantime, I would have posted a few pictures that show my more restrained sense of style and fit on some non-jacket items (pants, shirts, tie, shoes, vest, etc) BUT, I have not done that for a valid reason, but I knew this is going to sound preposterous, so I didn't explain: I do not have access to a camera until this weekend. If you've noticed, I have not posted a picture in perhaps over a month. (I dropped mine, and the telescoping part bent and jammed) I know for a fact someone is buying me a camera for the holidays, so I am not buying one just for this. Yes, I could borrow someone's camera, but then I'd need to borrow the entire dock, etc. Plus, I really really don't want to explain to anyone I need the camera an internet "dress off", like in the Zoolander clip. Like I said, I will post some pictures that demonstrate my "style" and fit once I get this camera. Hopefully, I will have the jacket by then as well.

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ How about an apology to MB till the various issues mentioned are resolved and you are in position to post pics.

10. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

And here I thought this thread is dead....

Is the showdown back on?

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ No

Reevolving broke his camera and is waiting for one as a christmas gift. Plus his jacket is being tailored right now.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

^^ No

Reevolving broke his camera and is waiting for one as a christmas gift. Plus his jacket is being tailored right now.

This battle is such a disappointment...

I was expecting El Alamein ,Midway and we have instead the Cod wars.

13. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

^^ No

And we all know that only cameras have cameras. Not cell phones. Not laptops.

I was so excited about FIT CLUB. [​IMG]

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

The chest pic was posted b/c I was accused of being fat! I said I had a 7 in drop. That was the only way to end that debate.

I did want time for a "good fit" jacket to come back from the tailor, b/c I challenged MB's yellow jacket. That is the gap in my wardrobe I mentioned. In the meantime, I would have posted a few pictures that show my more restrained sense of style and fit on some non-jacket items (pants, shirts, tie, shoes, vest, etc) BUT, I have not done that for a valid reason, but I knew this is going to sound preposterous, so I didn't explain: I do not have access to a camera until this weekend. If you've noticed, I have not posted a picture in perhaps over a month. (I dropped mine, and the telescoping part bent and jammed) I know for a fact someone is buying me a camera for the holidays, so I am not buying one just for this. Yes, I could borrow someone's camera, but then I'd need to borrow the entire dock, etc. Plus, I really really don't want to explain to anyone I need the camera an internet "dress off", like in the Zoolander clip. Like I said, I will post some pictures that demonstrate my "style" and fit once I get this camera. Hopefully, I will have the jacket by then as well.

You didn't challenge the "yellow" jacket (for the 10th time, it is brown and tan) you challenged me. You don't get to wait for something to return from the tailor's and then pick a fit you don't like, or think you can "beat" to challenge. You get to take on all the fits, because I made a blanket assertion that your criticism was worthless, because you could not discern style and a good fit.

If you want to take on one fit, I get to pick it and it would be the new fit that I posted, the plaid Corneliani suit.

Fair is fair. You get a new fit, so do I.

Mike

15. Alter

Alter Senior member

And here I thought this thread is dead....

Is the showdown back on?

If you want to take on one fit, I get to pick it and it would be the new fit that I posted, the plaid Corneliani suit.

Fair is fair. You get a new fit, so do I.

Mike

Answer seems to be...yes.