• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Marcell / Rosenbaum Process - Seriously considering it..

Mike147

Reaction score
I've been reading SF about your experiences with Marcell and I am seriously considering taking the plunge. Certainly have some concerns over Politely's problems so I am hoping to hear from a few additional SF Member's about their take on the Rosenbaum / Koronya Experience.

I have been wearing Alden Modified Last (9.5 EEE) for the past 5-6 years as I have found that they are the only RTW shoe that accommodates my orthotic in the toebox while still hugging my heel closely enough. Of course, styling is quite limited - I have 6 pairs, only one in Shell Cordovan. I crave variety and I simply want a higher quality and better styled shoe.

I looked into Otabo - called their customer service and was completely put off by the lack of knowledge of product and local sourcing by their reps over the phone. Also - their shoes are Made in China and the styling just doesn't look like anything special.

So here I am - is the Marcell/Rosenbaum connection the right solution for my comfort/medical and sartorial needs? I know there are shoemakers in the US that I can work with but right now, I can't pay the freight (about $4000).

I've reached out to Marcell and am waiting to hear back from him. Certainly want to speak with him and the guys at Rosenbaums in detail before moving forward.

I would greatly appreciate your insight - especially those of you who have worked through Rosenbaum's/Marcell. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Mike147

Mike147

Reaction score
Spoke to Marcell today - at the moment, he is only doing Be-Spoke out of Budapest. So for a new client, I would need to get to Hungary. He is planning a trip to the US in the second half of 2011.

Mike147

Reaction score
Seems like they both thought the distance between NY & Budapest was too far to coordinate effectively. Had some issues along the way which have been well documented on this forum. So I think Marcell is limiting his orders thru Hungary for Be-Spoke and still working on the RTW line for future launch. Either way - tough break for those of us in the NY area who considered this a comparably cost effective option to getting a pair of Marcell Bespoke Shoes.

Not sure if there are any other good alternatives out there. Rosenbaum makes shoes, but I suspect that are more along the lines of an orthopaedic shoe - which is not what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to get a pair of Budapest/Vienna quality shoe (blucher) that incorporates the current functions of my removable orthotics and the price point for Marcell/Rosenbaum was at the top of my price range. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I can get to the region, I'll certainly pay Marcell a visit. However, I work and live in the NYC area and do not expect to travel to Europe in the coming year.

I am hoping Vass or another maker will be able to help thru a NY connect.. Or perhaps Marcell will be in the US in the second half of 2011 and I can start the process with him then..

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get your own last made up and just get it made up to your specs wherever you choose.

UncleNed

Reaction score

Get your own last made up and just get it made up to your specs wherever you choose.

What's the process for getting custom lasts made? I am in New Orleans and am interested in this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads