• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Manafort Ostrich Jacket

mattp

Reaction score

Anyone know who made it? Better, who would wear it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone know who made it? Better, who would wear it?

I'd wear it. An ostrich hoodie is so ridiculous it's nearly sublime. I feel like I would pair it with ostrich rip off warmup pants and ostrich 70's style basketball shorts. Customized ostrich LV Airforce 1s.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really? I'm just looking at the logo on the inside, and while you can't see the whole thing, I've never seen the Bijan signature look like that.

Im pretty sure though the NY is giving me second thought now.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure though the NY is giving me second thought now.
Yeah, it's a NYC custom clothier, according to that tweet. I thought maybe something like Carla Dawn Berle (sp), but Manafort doesn't seem the type to go in for someone low key like that, though you never know. Maybe @dieworkwear has some insignt on that logo though.

For what it's worth, Bijan refuses to confirm or deny that this was theirs.
Of course they would. It's not a typical fashion brand, in that it exists outside of the traditional fashion universe. It's one of the few houses that would stand to benefit from some sort of association with Manafort. I remember the House of Bijan in Beverly Hills, and it really is patronized by the type of guys who would rather be thought of as high-rolling, (private) jet-setting, trophy wife-sporting, international deal-brokering, yacht in international waters-having, assholes than anything else.

mattp

Reaction score
Really? I'm just looking at the logo on the inside, and while you can't see the whole thing, I've never seen the Bijan signature look like that.
Turns out there's a close-up of the label.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 9.33.52 PM.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alan katzman of Alan couture has a long history in the menswear industry. Was part of Harrison james.
The type of operation that overcharged for everything. Bijan used to have a store on 5th ave. You could only enter if you had an appointment.

Both are for men who have money to burn

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suits start at $7.5k supposedly, but most cost about $12k.

I mean, god bless him for building that kind of business. But it seems like another Bijan operation, as Shirtmaven noted.

Also, since those leather jackets are bespoke, apparently Manafort just has really bad taste. He thought of that hooded ostrich jacket all by himself.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits start at $7.5k supposedly, but most cost about $12k.

I mean, god bless him for building that kind of business. But it seems like another Bijan operation, as Shirtmaven noted.

Also, since those leather jackets are bespoke, apparently Manafort just has really bad taste. He thought of that hooded ostrich jacket all by himself.
His judgment in general seems to be quite bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads