• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Maison Martin Margiela Thread! Post pics of your Martin Margiela pieces here!

drtchock

Reaction score
just thought id make a thread dedicated to my favorite fashion label. heres pics of the MMM pieces i currently own.. i only discovered the label early last year so most of the pieces are from last summers range. im gutted i didnt discover it earlier as im sure i would have alot more.. but any, heres what ive got.. feel free to make your own comments, approve, disaprove, whatever...

first up is the first Martin Margiela piece i ever bought, its a brown popper-button shirt, the lighting in this pic doesnt do it justice..
brownshirt.jpg

next up is probably my favorite piece, its a polo style t-shirt..
poloh.jpg

this next blazer jacket is actually black, but looks grey in the picture because of the flash, but atleast you can see the detail better..
jacketm.jpg

and i just love these red pants..
redpants.jpg

next up are some smart black jeans.. something i love about martin margiela jeans in the shape of the fly and how its held together with buttons and a hook, its the same on my red ones i posted earlier..
blackjeans.jpg

this is my most recent MMM purchase, its a waistcoat that can be folded under to form a different shape.. 2 in 1 so to speak, ive tried to illustrate this in the picture..
waistcoat.jpg

shoes now and these are the awesome hightops from this summers range, took me ages to find them in black but was worth the hunt!
bigstar[1].gif
hightops.jpg

next up are some converse style pumps, everytime i wear them i get someone commenting on them. i also want these in black really badly so if anyone has them in a size 43 i will be willing to buy them from you!!..
pumps.jpg

onto accessories now and heres a brown belt with a cool buckle consealer..
brownbelt.jpg

and finally a wrist cuff..
cuff.jpg

so thats all i have so far! theres a few MMM pieces I want really badly so if anyones got any of the following please let me know and I will be willing to buy them from you..

the first is a brown cardigan with elbow patches from the Autumn Winter 2007 range i a size Small or Medium..
256129027768a2b69b98b.jpg

next up are some white pumps in a size 43..
28693.jpg

and finally the pumps I already have but in BLACK, size 43..
pumps24.jpg

If anyone has any of these last 3 things please let me know!

So thats the MMM stuff I own and want, lets see yours!!

drtchock

Reaction score
no, but i am a radiohead fan, and i know that cardigan hes wearing is by martin margiela because it has the 4 little picks on the back :)

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by axe
Are you Thom Yorke?

He indicates in the post the cardigan is something he wants, not something he has.

HHD

Reaction score
I like the polo shirt and the waistcoat. Is the white mark on the polo a kind of sun-bleached effect?

I don't have any Margiela at the moment but I like the aesthetic. I often check out what's on the rails of his corner in Printemps Homme. A couple of years ago I almost bought a really nice 1920s-style overcoat, and I remember a friend had a Jacques Tati-style raincoat in a painted canvas fabric, which was great.

drtchock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HHD
I like the polo shirt and the waistcoat. Is the white mark on the polo a kind of sun-bleached effect?

i think its supposed to be.. it looks like someones shining a torch on it.. its really cool!! probably my favorite thing in my wardrobe
smile.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MMM rules. i've got a pair of slim olive wool pants and a belt.

-Jeff

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have a pair of sneakers and 2 jackets. Will probably be picking up a pair of pants if they get marked down further.

drtchock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I have a pair of sneakers and 2 jackets. Will probably be picking up a pair of pants if they get marked down further.

what are the jackets like? i saw one from about 2003 on ebay and it was gorgeous, wasnt my size though
frown.gif

JFposc

Reaction score
the blazers can fit a bit small, especially compared to the button downs, so be careful

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads