1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Magic Castle in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Martinis at 8, Apr 18, 2006.

1. acecow

acecow Senior member

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but does anyone know how to score an invite to Magic Castle? I would love to surprise a special someone if I only knew how...

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

It's fairly simple.

You can either stay at one of their hotels or you can email one of the magicians performing that night and conjure up some story about how you want to see them but don't know anyone with a guest card.

Or even post something on craigslist. I'm sure there are plenty of hungry magicians who'd be happy to deal with you.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  3. acecow

acecow Senior member

Emailed one of the magicians performing. Except I was quite truthful about my reasons. I hope that works!

4. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Just watched this after reading the thread. Entertaining, if somewhat predictable.

5. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

SHADE - as a poker player was difficult to watch (some obvious rules issues, like not playing table stakes).

For gambling sleights, are any of the magicians posting in this thread familiar with Darwin Ortiz? I would love to see him live... used to do some card stuff (hobby, and never great at it), and he was my absolute hero.

6. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Did it work?

7. whodini

whodini Senior member

For me, Ricky Jay is one of those that continues to blow my mind regardless if I can follow what's going on or not.

8. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I love Ricky Jay - and he's a decent actor in his own right.

9. roundabout

roundabout Active Member

The Magic Castle is an incredible spot. I grew up with a now-retired professional magician as a father, and every year or so would attend for a sunday brunch. I still have yet to go during the evening following my 21st, but I can definitely say this is the kind of place you want to go, at least once. I'll echo that the parlors are where the magic happens (pardon the pun), my dad still goes often and says the talent in recent years has been up and down but the closeup is solid.

10. acecow

acecow Senior member

Yes, worked beautifully.

11. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

My homie magic mike brought me there several times always a great crowd, dougie howser allways in the mix.