• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Made-to-Measure Thread

Bersabee

Reaction score
I've purchased quite a few MTM shirts from Proper Cloth. I've also bought a few from Ratio, and investigated Luxire, but went back to Proper Cloth (I also have a local brick-and-mortar MTM source for Individualized Shirts).

I'm looking a reliable online MTM maker with quality, and preferably pricing, in the same general range as those makers (which vary quite a bit). The extra that I'm looking for is a good selection of UPF 50+ fabrics, and/or the ability to supply my own fabric. For some summer long-sleeve shirts for beach/boat/hike/BBQ/festival use. Shirts that fit properly, which I can't really get OTR.

Any ideas?
Yeossal and Collaro make good quality stuff. I'd suggest you check them out. They don't offer CMT to my knowledge so you can't supply your own fabric. They have a solid fabric offering, albeit it isn't crazy.

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
These were all made by Flanigan Clothing. If I remember correctly, cloths left to right are:

Zegna wool/silk/linen
Zegna yak/cashmere
Ariston donegal
Harrison's Spring Ram heavy hopsack
deadstock vintage wool/alpaca tweed
Zegna wool/silk/cashmere

if the beige brown one is a Zegna fabric, would you mind sharing the fabric code if have it ?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've purchased quite a few MTM shirts from Proper Cloth. I've also bought a few from Ratio, and investigated Luxire, but went back to Proper Cloth (I also have a local brick-and-mortar MTM source for Individualized Shirts).

I'm looking a reliable online MTM maker with quality, and preferably pricing, in the same general range as those makers (which vary quite a bit). The extra that I'm looking for is a good selection of UPF 50+ fabrics, and/or the ability to supply my own fabric. For some summer long-sleeve shirts for beach/boat/hike/BBQ/festival use. Shirts that fit properly, which I can't really get OTR.

Any ideas?
Luxire is the only online MTM I can think of at the moment who does CMT.

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We do that, too.
I can not only make you a shirt from our fabrics, but you also can send me yours. That´s no problem.
Just send me message and we can discuss the options.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a slightly better (although rumpled due to end of day pic) of my No Man MTM sport coat (with Drakes shirt and tie, Rota trousers)

D2676C60-C20A-4463-835C-2E831F5D118F.jpeg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between Steed's Semi-Bespoke and Divij Bespoke (for a two-piece suit)? They seem to be roughly around the same price point and both travel to my city pretty regularly so they're equally convenient.

Andrew0409

Reaction score
I had this jacket made from Edit Suits. I need to get it slightly taken in (They offered but I needed it urgently but they will do it when I return). Used Scabal fabric and absolutely loved wearing it to a wedding last weekend. It also full canvas. They offer both half or full canvas.

3235E109-A5E9-46C0-A130-35949542AFD3.jpeg

I’m wearing Suit supply chinos and Crockett and Jones hand grade loafers.

The pink shirt I got from them as well. I’ve gotten multiple suits and jackets from them and i found them really good value for the money in terms of MTM.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between Steed's Semi-Bespoke and Divij Bespoke (for a two-piece suit)? They seem to be roughly around the same price point and both travel to my city pretty regularly so they're equally convenient.

I've used Divij 4 times and am happy with the results. I'm more interested in getting a good fit and being able to pick out my fabric and style details rather than having a high degree of finishing or a "perfect" fit, so it fits into my wheel house at a price point that I can rationalize.

I opted for the "handmade, full bespoke" make did the optional basted fitting for my first suit (an additional $400) to nail down the fit as quick as possible. After that I went straight to finish with my other commissions, which are normally delivered 8-10 weeks after the order. I think its a really good value all things considered, I believe my most recent Smith Finmeresco 4-ply suit was ~$1700 which seems like a pretty good deal for a completely customized, well fitting suit.

Unless specified, their style is pretty middle of the road (not necessarily a bad thing), but they do have flexibility. My suits are a bit more structured but I also did an Italian-styled sport coat which came out great. I'm getting ready to see Divij in a couple weeks in NYC for a new Donegal tweed.

Pros of Divij: does a good job with fitting/making a pattern, value, can customize basically whatever you want, wide array of fabric books
Cons: probably the level of finishing (dont have anything more high end to compare to), and the extra cost for a based fitting

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't compare, and there's already plenty in the thread about Steed's semi-bespoke, but you might want to reach out to Steed about their program. I think they might be making some changes to/expanding it, so you should find out about the current options as part of comparing.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had this jacket made from Edit Suits. I need to get it slightly taken in (They offered but I needed it urgently but they will do it when I return). Used Scabal fabric and absolutely loved wearing it to a wedding last weekend. It also full canvas. They offer both half or full canvas.

View attachment 1816484
I’m wearing Suit supply chinos and Crockett and Jones hand grade loafers.

If anyone wants to give them a try, you can get £69 off a shirt from them if your order is more than 499 using this code andr3148. The pink shirt I got from them as well. I’ve gotten multiple suits and jackets from them and i found them really good value for the money in terms of MTM.
Looks like men's warehouse

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From the Steed website, all of the examples of "semi-bespoke" show what to me is a built-up
British shoulder. Not extreme, but not the natural or Neapolitan shoulder which I prefer. Their
true bespoke seems to offer more range in shoulder styles.

As for Divij, they purport not to be wedded to a particular style.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steed is for bespoke. If you want mtm stick with Ezra Paul.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't compare, and there's already plenty in the thread about Steed's semi-bespoke, but you might want to reach out to Steed about their program. I think they might be making some changes to/expanding it, so you should find out about the current options as part of comparing.
Thanks for the tip!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads