• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Made-to-Measure Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mtm topcoat from Knot Standard

20201217_145148.jpg

EddieK

Reaction score
Going to commission a tweed gray herringbone sportcoat.
I'm thinking of medium brown horn buttons for it, But I'm also leaning towards lighter brown as well. what do you guys think?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how about a darker shade of grey as button I think that's what I have on my phineas cole grey herringbone jacket

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to commission a tweed gray herringbone sportcoat.
I'm thinking of medium brown horn buttons for it, But I'm also leaning towards lighter brown as well. what do you guys think?

It really depends on the exact fabric you pick. Get the swatch and then look at light brown vs med brown buttons. IMO, Light brown can look very nice, with a more medium grey/cream herringbone tweed, but a darker black or charcoal on white, or black on grey tweed will look better with medium brown.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No idea if it’s horn, this is against what I would consider on a lighter spectrum of grey herringbone jacket

1608672949372.jpeg

EddieK

Reaction score
It really depends on the exact fabric you pick. Get the swatch and then look at light brown vs med brown buttons. IMO, Light brown can look very nice, with a more medium grey/cream herringbone tweed, but a darker black or charcoal on white, or black on grey tweed will look better with medium brown.

Yea that's what I'm kind of thinking. Here's an image of it
image (1).png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads