• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's time for a new TLGO survey.

This is the most important referendum since the Brexit.

Desert Boots or Monkey Boots ?

View attachment 1254859

I am the happy owner of both, but i will vote for Desert Boots.

I hope we will have a majority and will avoid the no deal.
Votes opened until October 31, of course.
Non non monsieur we must kick out those pesky brits cleanly so they stop getting in the way of our domination of Brussels and plundering of the centennial enemy's coffers. "Qu'un sang impur..."

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Desert boots for me. I have monkey boots but the “blocky communist blok chic” of them is another reason I dig the dessies more. Slicker, but sort of fit the same most-weather purpose as the clunky monkeys.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of miss Brutalism...

The Barbican is my favourite (20th century onwards) building in London. Newer additions just don't have the same courage. At most adding some curves to the international style. And 50 year old raw concrete has a unique "patina" :p

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dialectical/analytical struggle must continue! You must think only of increased Patriotic Monkey Boot production!

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
The dialectical/analytical struggle must continue! You must think only of increased Patriotic Monkey Boot production!

If you look at full pictures of lenin he is wearing a pair of monkey boots. Truly the peoples footwear.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Kind of miss Brutalism...

The Barbican is my favourite (20th century onwards) building in London. Newer additions just don't have the same courage. At most adding some curves to the international style. And 50 year old raw concrete has a unique "patina" :p

Brutalist architecture is awesome, there needs to be a revival(serious).

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brutalist architecture is awesome, there needs to be a revival(serious).
Raw concrete is rarer these days but there are some instances that are clearly "inspired"... this life sized lego pile for example:

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a lego mod figure that can live in these lego houses?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's time for a new TLGO survey.

This is the most important referendum since the Brexit.

Desert Boots or Monkey Boots ?

View attachment 1254859

I am the happy owner of both, but i will vote for Desert Boots.

I hope we will have a majority and will avoid the no deal.
Votes opened until October 31, of course.
I will cast my vote for Desert boots, providing that they are Clarks (just a mod thing). I do have other pairs of suede boots, but I would call these chukka boots, rather than desert boots.
This is probably a sentimental thing, as I have been wearing them since I was about 13, at that time in the late 70s they weren't easy to come by.
They have always been a casual thing for me, not to be Worn with tailored trousers or the like.
At the last count I have around 18 pairs in different shades and colours, compared to 3 pairs of monkeys, 2 Grafters and 1 pair 1 pair of Mod shoes.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Yorky, I have to say that i was quite reserved in the time about Desert Boots, exactly because they were a "mod thing", and TBH my little group then was not very fond of mods :-D. Until i bought my Cola pair (on the picture above) a few years ago, mainly because i really liked the color, and i now really like the style, will buy Astorflex next.
Wasn't really fond of Monkey Boots either, i've got an old pair for ages though, but the sole looks like that for a few months:
MBsole.jpg

About the survey, @Mr Knightley didn't cast his vote yet, but i know he will vote for desert boots, so it will be 3 votes against 3...

Hmmmmmmm
Boris-Johnson-at-Shaftebu-001.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads