• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a new Uniqlo outlet in the Spitalfields area of London, on the fringes of the City. It is ideally located for me, being only a few minutes' walk from Liverpool Street station.

They seemed to have all the examples of the Uniqlo EG collaboration. In the end, I was not sure about the open neck of the model @Clouseau bought and went with this one in olive 'dry pique' - closer in cut and style to the polos I would normally wear. I bought a medium, which is cut far more generously than my only other Qlo polo, but not too baggy:

View attachment 1188498

Same color as the SM polo. Hmm...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The entry deadline for the Friday Challenge has been extended to July 4th.
Would be good to have more participants from our group.
Some interesting outfits so far.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The entry deadline for the Friday Challenge has been extended to July 4th.
Would be good to have more participants from our group.
Some interesting outfits so far.
Yes, good entries so far. I certainly hope to participate - thanks for extending the deadline, Monsieur.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrilling news, I have officially gone off POW. I just can't face wearing my POW trousered 'Black Lounge' to a wedding this weekend, too busy, so I'm wearing my grey suit trousers instead. I don't care if I look like I'm wearing a mismatched suit, etc - I shall be looking good.

IMG_20190620_142757.jpg

Regarding the tie, I have of course checked if it is gayers week where I am going and it isn't

Last edited:

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrilling news, I have officially gone off POW. I just can't face wearing my POW trousered 'Black Lounge' to a wedding this weekend, too busy, so I'm wearing my grey suit trousers instead. I don't care if I look like I'm wearing a mismatched suit, etc - I shall be looking good.

View attachment 1194987

Regarding the tie, I have of course checked if it is gayers week where I am going and it isn't
It's a perfectly good school that topped the rankings for quite a while. Nothing to be ashamed of. Better than the village one that forces its students to wear tails.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a perfectly good school that topped the rankings for quite a while. Nothing to be ashamed of. Better than the village one that forces its students to wear tails.

Haha, someone else can wear one of the three ties I could wear but never have.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hey TLGO / MtS lads :

Still running, Friday Challenge "Military Inspired"

Military Inspired FC Compo.jpg

Entry deadline : July 4th

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might snap mine tomorrow. It’s insanely hot here right now so it’s a t-shirt and shorts; the only vaguely military-inspired attire I have on at the moment is a white bucket hat.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Might snap mine tomorrow. It’s insanely hot here right now so it’s a t-shirt and shorts; the only vaguely military-inspired attire I have on at the moment is a white bucket hat.
Speaking of insanely hot, it is the case right now in France. The country record was broken yesterday with 46 degrees Celsius in the Gard in the South of France. It is 36 degrees right now in Paris (in the shade !), it is just crazy outside.
Just to say, as apparently those temperatures will be more and more frequent worldwide thanks to the global warming, that it's going to be difficult to dress smart in the future !

The heat goes on !

Ha yes the Friday Challenge is still running for a little week, keep the entries coming guys !!!!

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of insanely hot, it is the case right now in France. The country record was broken yesterday with 46 degrees Celsius in the Gard in the South of France. It is 36 degrees right now in Paris (in the shade !), it is just crazy outside.
Just to say, as apparently those temperatures will be more and more frequent worldwide thanks to the global warming, that it's going to be difficult to dress smart in the future !

The heat goes on !

Ha yes the Friday Challenge is still running for a little week, keep the entries coming guys !!!!

It’s actually been cooler in Boston this spring than it has been in years. Can’t wait to get back!!!!

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My entries for the Military inspired Friday challenge
IMG_4904.jpg
IMG_4887.jpg
IMG_4930.jpg

Grafters monkey boots
Feraud Gendarme fit cotton trousers
Gant button down
Brooks Brothers monkey style jacket
Tom Ford shades

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics