• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
A lot of security guards on this thread ! :-D

@Mr Knightley after a first wash the EG polo shrank a little and is a much better fit. I went back to Uniqlo and bought the Ivory/white one (already got the Olive and Black). Also tried a 'color block' one ((kind of patchwork), but too outré for me, and definitely not age appropriate.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of security guards on this thread ! :-D

@Mr Knightley after a first wash the EG polo shrank a little and is a much better fit. I went back to Uniqlo and bought the Ivory/white one (already got the Olive and Black). Also tried a 'color block' one ((kind of patchwork), but too outré for me, and definitely not age appropriate.
Thanks for the update, Monsieur.

I am in London tomorrow - will see if I can find time to drop into a store. They are few and far between even in London now...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Monsieur.

I am in London tomorrow - will see if I can find time to drop into a store. They are few and far between even in London now...
I found a new Uniqlo outlet in the Spitalfields area of London, on the fringes of the City. It is ideally located for me, being only a few minutes' walk from Liverpool Street station.

They seemed to have all the examples of the Uniqlo EG collaboration. In the end, I was not sure about the open neck of the model @Clouseau bought and went with this one in olive 'dry pique' - closer in cut and style to the polos I would normally wear. I bought a medium, which is cut far more generously than my only other Qlo polo, but not too baggy:

goods_57_421926 Uniqlo EG dry pique.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I think it is the colorblock model Mr K. Quite nice and a slimmer fit, but i am not a big fan of the 'Dry' material.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is the colorblock model Mr K. Quite nice and a slimmer fit, but i am not a big fan of the 'Dry' material.
Yes, it is the colorblock model, which in olive is rather more subtle than some other offerings. As I think has been said before, the dry pique does contain some man-made fibre. We'll see how it performs in the warm weather - although nothing above mid-60s F. in the forecast!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It's a bit outré to my liking but i must say it was the more tempting (apart for me the cotton ones)...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I often disparage Weejuns and think a lot of lads continue to patronize them purely for their heritage, not their current offshored plasticky quality, but I really like the version you have here. I wonder if they’re still available in horween or if they’ve gone almost totally with corrected grain these days?

They are not available anymore (except on eBay maybe if you're lucky), but the Sebago Classics in Horween leather are still available, @cerneabbas mentioned he bought them recently. Not many differences apart that the Sebago show less socks. The toe is maybe a little more rounded than on the Weejuns.

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
By living the lifestyle, I mean, experiencing everything that goes with the look. Seeing people who try to push the look but keeping it sensible, going up and down the country to allnighters, weekenders ( staying up all weekend) DJing, dancing, etc etc. Some of the geezers I have met over the years could piss on most of the people who post on some of the style forum threads, they didn't even have to try.
You seem to live an online life, where on another website you seem to have different views to posters, e.g. A Spanish guy who dresses like a grandad and always wears a bad flat cap.
Yorky... My man!

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, the poll is now up (at last) in the Friday Challenge 'Spring Jackets' - vote now!

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Inspector neck to neck with EFV! (7-7) Let's vote strategically here so we get a fun challenge next week ;)

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Still time to vote. At least four from our little group up against some CM giants!
The Inspector neck to neck with EFV! (7-7) Let's vote strategically here so we get a fun challenge next week ;)

Well guys thanks for your support (that didn't sound at all as a claque to me - that TBH i don't think i needed), and for the votes.

I will try to find a topic that could interest the MtS -TLGO crowd for the next challenge.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
New Challenge is up

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well guys thanks for your support (that didn't sound at all as a claque to me - that TBH i don't think i needed), and for the votes.

I will try to find a topic that could interest the MtS -TLGO crowd for the next challenge.
Well done again, Monsieur!

Thanks for my votes, gentlemen. To finish in that position in such esteemed company is a nice surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics