• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My trainer collection...……...

View attachment 1383897

The Adidas pair are my Trainers,they get used for running,they need replacing but I want to find another pair the same as these and I just hope that these can last a bit longer.
The other pair are Hugo Boss,bought them in a sale several years ago,they occasionally got worn in the summer but not for 2 or 3 years.
Controversial but imo there are Trainers for training and Trainers worn as leisure wear by young blokes,definitely an item with an age limit (imo).
I said that I wouldnt post on this thread again but since the pandemic/lockdown in 2020 my clothing has taken a more casual turn,which includes wearing jeans and Trainers more often than previously.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Black Friday purchase Gola Harrier made in England with Harris tweed lining,not something that you would actually wear for training,the leather is excellent...perhaps they're a bit OTT but I am happy with them.
1669469918927.png

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting @cerneabbas - I’m an avowed adidas man - brand loyalty since I was a nipper but I’ve seen the resurgence of Gola and quite like some of the colours they do in the harrier. I’d be tempted to give them a go if the right colour took my fancy. Not sure who stocks them over here but it’s on my mind to try a pair on next time I’m in England to at least gauge the size in case I end up doing an online purchase later.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting @cerneabbas - I’m an avowed adidas man - brand loyalty since I was a nipper but I’ve seen the resurgence of Gola and quite like some of the colours they do in the harrier. I’d be tempted to give them a go if the right colour took my fancy. Not sure who stocks them over here but it’s on my mind to try a pair on next time I’m in England to at least gauge the size in case I end up doing an online purchase later.

Adidas,Puma and Gola all seem to make their trainers in Vietnam.
Adidas made some leather Hamburgs in Germany a few years back,they sold out on pre order and are occasionally on Ebay for £400.

The Gola's in my picture are part of their made in England range,they are double the price of their made in Vietnam trainers but imo theyre 4times better in quality and materials...

Have a look on the Gola website they have a few of these retro Harriers not much colour choice,black,navy and brown with or without Harris Tweed lining....20% off at the moment.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t wear they trainers. They lack gravitas.

Plenty of comfortable shoes and boot options. Dainite soles, Desert boots, Wallabees etc.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching the US TV coverage of the World Cup and the blokes in the studio could do with some SF tips.

It seems pocket squares are mandatory even when worn with a band-collar (grandad) shirt such as that cod-eyed twit Clint Dempsey.

He also regularly commits the crime of wearing a suit with trainers a la Paul McCartney, or perhaps worse still those hideous hybrid shoes with formal calf uppers and white sneaker soles. Why are they so popular with TV weathermen and sportscasters?

The main host had matching aqua tie and pocket square yesterday and the most poorly fitting bumfreezer suit today.

Turkey triangles abound. The result of high buttoning jackets and low rise strides.

Landon Donovan doing his best Alan Shearer / Roberto Martinez impression hanging on to a wispy weetabix on top of his head instead of just coming clean. News flash Donno - you’re a baldy!

It pains me to say it but Alexei Lalas hurdles the low bar of being best dressed of the lot. Who’d have though that the bloke who once sported a nest of ginger pubes on his head and a Catweasel beard turns out to be in possession of a modicum of knowledge on how to get dressed and not look like a clueless tramp!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t wear they trainers. They lack gravitas.

Plenty of comfortable shoes and boot options. Dainite soles, Desert boots, Wallabees etc.

Gravitas (def.) - seriousness or sobriety.

There’s plenty of room in my life for frivolity and non-sobriety. I have several trainers but they’d all fit into the category that used to be called ‘leisure shoes’ when aa were a lad, ie they aren’t really meant for participating in sporting activity.

And wallabees are ******* hideous!

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clint Dempsey is fine - a good, hard working player and a decent sort.

It's the fekkin American commentators that are annoying if you watch matches on hesgoal.com stream:-

' Zero zero after forty five!' You can f*** right off.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clint Dempsey is fine - a good, hard working player and a decent sort.

It's the fekkin American commentators that are annoying if you watch matches on hesgoal.com stream:-

' Zero zero after forty five!' You can f*** right off.
Yeah but this is the classic menswear forum not the journeyman American sportsmen column. As a pundit he is completely pointless. From a sartorial perspective he looks like a tramp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads