• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very sharp @Luigi_M ?

I remember Tino Cosma and had a couple of their ties. I recall they used to come with a little tag saying ‘Handmade by miss Daniela’ or similar,

I love the Oxfords.
Thank you Mr. K!
I found my tie in a bunch of old clothing items in a little haberdashery I casually walked in and the label you mention was missing. Anyway I too recall it from my youth.
In regard to Oxfords, I must admit that @Kingstonian is right: they are the best option with formal suits. AS Armfield are very sharp and comfortable too - not qualities one often finds together.

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading out to a neighbour’s birthday celebration at a restaurant patio. Details on the blog ...
467DFFA1-F9B3-49EB-9A23-2CE62C6E12BF.jpeg

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading out to a neighbour’s birthday celebration at a restaurant patio. Details on the blog ... View attachment 1605322
Good look @Thin White Duke

I seem to recall a comment elsewhere - can’t recall where - about the shirt and hanky being a bit matchy-matchy? I think with a casual outfit like this, that is fine to my eyes.

Anyway, good to see there’s still life in the old thread ?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gsvs5

Reaction score

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, gents.

@Kingstonian Sadly, I did not get to Jermyn Street, but I did visit the post office to send a package to Tricker’s London store.

In the afternoon I had an espresso at Caffe Nero, but, with the current restrictions, had to drink it outside. I managed to avoid spilling both @Gsvs5 ?

Gsvs5

Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Mr Knightley your photo is one of the few which look natural and casual. So many look either forced, failed super villIn chic, or downright “high school theater production chic”
Well you leave me no other choice than to react.
I preferred not to comment Knightley’s picture so far, but I have to say it is probably the worse « fit » he ever posted.

Anyway with a couple of votes while the leaders have around twenty I don’t understand why he posted one of his usual « reminders »...

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well you leave me no other choice than to react.

You could always say nothing.

I don’t understand. Your ‘Here and Now’ thread seems to going fine, with like-minded posters.

Yet you still seem to engage in random guerilla attacks on people in the ‘Look’ and ‘Mod’ threads.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

You could always say nothing.

I don’t understand. Your ‘Here and Now’ thread seems to going fine, with like-minded posters.

Yet you still seem to engage in random guerilla attacks on people in the ‘Look’ and ‘Mod’ threads.

Well I don’t see any relation with the H&N thread.
Really I found this picture terrible, it is not the first time that « The Look Goes Wrong » with K, but this time I just don’t understand how, at his age, he could post this picture. Not age appropriate and not looking good at all.
I didn’t say anything, but I just can’t let pass Botolph’s post.
It is StyleForum, if you don’t want your picture to be comment, just don’t post it.
Have a look at the SW&D WAYW, you will see... it is not guérilla attack, just the rules of the game here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads