• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Swampster

Reaction score
Thanks guys ?. I was thinking about the Dornoch semi brogues, but, having now looked at them again on the website, I don’t think the very chunky sole or the metal eyelets are quite up my street. A bit too ‘country’ perhaps...
I have some Loakes on the Victory sole and it is relatively thin - at least compared to the commando soles on some of the other Hoggs.
The metal eyelets do seem like a deal breaker for many of you though :)

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few more TKMaxx buys.
Ralph Lauren 3 button 100% wool blazer.
IMG_9221.JPG

Paul Smith 2 button made in Italy
IMG_9222.JPG

Massimo Dutti DB a bargain @ 9 quid, I believe Mr Knightly has the same jacket.
IMG_9223.JPG

Folk all wool overcoat.
IMG_9224.JPG

Pringle of Scotland heavy knit cotton crew neck.
IMG_9230.JPG

Loake Perth bought from eBay
IMG_9228.JPG

A pair of Kenneth Cole shoes just had resoled and heeled, had these for years, and resurrected them for work wear.
IMG_9229.JPG

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a haul @Yorky and I spent over an hour in TK Maxx last week in Ipswich and came away empty-handed!

Yes, I think that is the same M Dutti jacket. I thought mine was a bargain at £20. It's getting a little late in the year for it now, but a lovely piece in great fabric. I like your PRL blazer too. Is that Italian-made? I'm a fan of brass buttons but I know not everyone here is keen.

The Kenneth Cole shoes remind me of late 60's Solatios!

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a haul @Yorky and I spent over an hour in TK Maxx last week in Ipswich and came away empty-handed!

Yes, I think that is the same M Dutti jacket. I thought mine was a bargain at £20. It's getting a little late in the year for it now, but a lovely piece in great fabric. I like your PRL blazer too. Is that Italian-made? I'm a fan of brass buttons but I know not everyone here is keen.

The Kenneth Cole shoes remind me of late 60's Solatios!
As I've said before the TKMAXX stores in my area always seem to come up trumps. The RL blaster is Italian fabric and I don't mind the brass buttons, an option to change later.
The Kenneth Cole shoes were a sale buy about 15 Years ago and that's exactly what I thought when I bought them.
Just going out to watch my old friends funeral procession go by, he took his own life 2 weeks ago, I have been friends with him since we were 11. We can't go to the service and crematorium but I hope that we have a good turn out, he was always a good dresser but in the football casual vein.
IMG_9232.JPG

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I've said before the TKMAXX stores in my area always seem to come up trumps. The RL blaster is Italian fabric and I don't mind the brass buttons, an option to change later.
The Kenneth Cole shoes were a sale buy about 15 Years ago and that's exactly what I thought when I bought them.
Just going out to watch my old friends funeral procession go by, he took his own life 2 weeks ago, I have been friends with him since we were 11. We can't go to the service and crematorium but I hope that we have a good turn out, he was always a good dresser but in the football casual vein. View attachment 1480056
That's very sad, Mate. The football casuals were one of the closest tribes to the original skins in attitude IMO.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your friend @Yorky .
There's really nothing one can say, just be silent and pray.
Thank you @Luigi_M It went ok, we watched the service on our telephones in a local pub. It wasn't the way it should have been as we are catholic and it is normally a big thing, but hey ho, keep on keeping on!

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Luigi_M It went ok, we watched the service on our telephones in a local pub. It wasn't the way it should have been as we are catholic and it is normally a big thing, but hey ho, keep on keeping on!

My condolences for the loss of your buddy, @Yorky.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another target of opportunity

Can it be, after all these years...

View attachment 1480655
Solovair, 6 hole Astronaut, black, scotchgrain

(my first ever DMs)
As a father of teenagers, I'm aware of the great debate about "original Doc Martens" - of course boys tend to stick to the brand.
From what I gather, the original DM were made right by Solovair.
Now DM are made in China (or Thailand, or whatever) so, if I'd ever buy such a boot, it would be the MiE version, as being the really original one.

Swampster

Reaction score
As a father of teenagers, I'm aware of the great debate about "original Doc Martens" - of course boys tend to stick to the brand.
From what I gather, the original DM were made right by Solovair.
Now DM are made in China (or Thailand, or whatever) so, if I'd ever buy such a boot, it would be the MiE version, as being the really original one.
DM and Solovair still have factories in the same village - I think Solovair used to make some of the DMs.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you folk think about my recent pondering, having looked at several mod/skin related social media sites, I fear that the relevance of what they were about is now obsolete. Old men/women who look embarrassing, young people who look out of time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads