• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a lovely raincoat @covskin Very envious.

It's not as grey as in the photo, lighter and a little more towards the dreaded beige but with a slight green undertone, somewhat like the Baracuta colour 'mist' but a shade or two darker.

Got it online from a company on an industrial park outside Turin who have a couple in each size. Made in Italy so end of line from the factory?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local TKMs have finally started getting BB stuff in. Nothing I liked - or that fitted - in jackets, but I did get a shirt. Very pleased with the fit, the look - and the price. I will certainly look out for more.
Someone mentioned viewing TK Max offerings online. I have done that rather than going to the Kingston branch and inspecting the stock. It’s much easier and quicker. I have also noticed Brooks Brothers stuff online. So far no great range of button down shirts or Ivy League jackets though, just clothing featuring the BB label.

Swampster

Reaction score
I have just put a picture of a BB jacket over on Here and Now. Not Ivy League, but perhaps a Mid-west state college.
I also bought a BB overcoat - it was £200 but this was supposed to be a markdown from £1600. It was lovely material and draped well but the colour - a beige and almost white fleck -made me think of something my nana would have worn. Once that was in my mind it had to go back. I would get the same coat in a grey herringbone in a flash.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought what could possibly be my final pair of shoes, I can't think of anything else that I could possibly need. They are Loake Sovereigns in black, I have the Royals but they are well over 10 years old and well worn due to being in my work rotation of footwear. I have worn them today for work to break them in and to get rid of that new from the box look. I was happy with the price as most online retailers were still selling at £195, the same as the Loake store in Leeds, I got them for £150. Just got rid of my students for the day.
IMG_9198.JPG

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this jacket at the weekend from TKMaxx it's Joseph for £39.99, should have been about £400.
IMG_9199.JPG
IMG_9200.JPG

Also got a black woolen Lyle &a Scott tank top for peanuts (not shown)

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I have ordered a few pairs of otc socks from Falke and, as you know, I found the piece of knitwear that I was looking for. So, I have ticked off the few things on my list.

Perhaps another pair of brogues could find a place in my wardrobe. I had a Hoggs of Fife brochure drop on my doormat the other day. Some nice heavy brogues in it - made in the UK. I recall @Kingstonian is a fan. I have never really thought of them before. They seem good value at under £300. Any advice?

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr Knightley , I have some sleek and dressier brogues, but I think that The Real Brogue is sturdy, heavy and imposing.
I'm looking for a pair that matches all these requirements (without pouring lots of €€€ on).
I never saw Hoggs of Fife in the flesh but I read good opinions about them.
As you seem to be already well covered in the formal department, I'd say give them a try and then let us know.

Swampster

Reaction score
Well I have ordered a few pairs of otc socks from Falke and, as you know, I found the piece of knitwear that I was looking for. So, I have ticked off the few things on my list.

Perhaps another pair of brogues could find a place in my wardrobe. I had a Hoggs of Fife brochure drop on my doormat the other day. Some nice heavy brogues in it - made in the UK. I recall @Kingstonian is a fan. I have never really thought of them before. They seem good value at under £300. Any advice?
At least some of them are made by Loakes. The profile of the Prestwick is similar to the Loake Pennine last and they are also a G, so I guess they are pretty roomy. The box of a pair on ebay say that they are handmade in GB - for the price I wonder if this is one of those where much of the work is done in India but enough is done here for the GB to be allowed.
The Glengarry, OTOH, is compatible in price with the Loake 1880 range, so perhaps that is more GB origin. I wonder if it is significant that the Fife page url says 'British made footwear' but the page itself only says 'Handmade footwear'. https://www.fifecountry.co.uk/british-made-footwear-L17
This dealer is more explicit about British & Northampton made https://www.cherrytreecountryclothing.com/hoggs-bench-made-shoes-boots/

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ?. I was thinking about the Dornoch semi brogues, but, having now looked at them again on the website, I don’t think the very chunky sole or the metal eyelets are quite up my street. A bit too ‘country’ perhaps...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads