• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Treviso was The Big Town for me as a young lad!
We used to organize saturday expeditions by bus from the country to the city, and there I bought my first Wranglers and Clarks.

Some years later I bought my first Burberry raincoat and Church's Burwood (pre-Prada, in black bookbinder) at an haberdashery called 'Al Duca d'Aosta' wich was well renowned and kept the better British brands.
It's still there, but is now more fashion oriented and the quality is no more what it used to be.

We all have good memories, alas.

I was in Trieste last year and kept an eye out for something, but no

Last edited:

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200930_153842-1.jpg 20200930_153931.jpg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. In my defence I would say it's a cotton jersey: more of a pull than a jacket and well suited for an informal day.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True. In my defence I would say it's a cotton jersey: more of a pull than a jacket and well suited for an informal day.
Fair enough. Not a big image on my iPad. I thought it could be closer to a cardigan.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cardigan ... here's the word!
Linguistic challenge strikes again :blush:

Swampster

Reaction score
At least 15 years old

Latest TKMaxx haul 7 Brooks Brothers shirts 13 quid each.
View attachment 1466676
My local TKMs have finally started getting BB stuff in. Nothing I liked - or that fitted - in jackets, but I did get a shirt. Very pleased with the fit, the look - and the price. I will certainly look out for more.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guernsey under Barbour or Aquascutum is the perfect combination for cool, wet weather. That's now a proven fact!

Just noticed that Aquascutum have recently gone into administration

Last edited:

Swampster

Reaction score
Guernsey under Barbour or Aquascutum is the perfect combination for cool, wet weather. That's now a proven fact!
That is just what I had in mind. Bought a nice cable knit but I had to take it back today as it was too big. I suspect it was an American XL rather than a British one.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just noticed that Aquascutum have recently gone into administration

that’s been along time coming. Their only U.S. based shop was here in Boston, and it closed down about ten years ago. Near the end of their tenure here I bought a beautiful two-button charcoal suit, 75% off, for $30. It served me well for years.
I always liked the quality of their goods.

another one bites the dust...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realising that Aquascutum may be no more...

IMG_20201006_105129.jpg

Aquascutum Broadgate Slim, made in Italy, colour 'cement', unlined

Sized up from 38 to 40, colour more grey 'stone' than yellow 'beige', a lighter weight version of the Broadgate

Happy with fit and colour, and price!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads