• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Luigi_M and @Kingstonian I think you were both interested in my motivation for avoiding vents on my jackets. I finally finished a blog post on this, (not helped by Wordpress and their cumbersome new editing system!).
Anyway it’s up now so check it out if you’re interested.
Avoiding vents is fine but will probably require bespoke clothing for real choice.

I first noticed side vents on mod suits in the 60s (usually navy). Before that it was all single vent or no vent (typically double breasted or Italian bum freezer jackets).

By the way, your blog generates a security warning. I took a chance anyway. Shame, as the photos are more relaxed on there.

Swampster

Reaction score
By the way, your blog generates a security warning. I took a chance anyway. Shame, as the photos are more relaxed on there.
Oddly, following the link, I get the security message but going via a Google search is fine.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s weird.
Out of all the dodgy crap out there on the internet my ramblings about clothes gets a warning?

I just removed the blog address from my signature then re-pasted it so maybe that will work?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s weird.
Out of all the dodgy crap out there on the internet my ramblings about clothes gets a warning?

I just removed the blog address from my signature then re-pasted it so maybe that will work?
It now works when I click on the link at the bottom of the post.

However, in a new twist, that link disappears when I log in !

Swampster

Reaction score
It now works when I click on the link at the bottom of the post.

However, in a new twist, that link disappears when I log in !
I see it on my PC but not my phone.

Don't you just love technology? Still think computers should have the big reel to reel tapes like in the Italian Job or look like the Big RAT.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
TWD: ...the huge expanse of smooth, unbroken real (rear?) estate on display when he turned his back! There was added menace in the broad-shouldered tailoring...

rear estate.jpg

:p
what happens to

a travelling jacket [...] worn while cramped into aeroplane and/or car seats,

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CP from somewhere
Another proper English pub, and a darker old fashioned bitter. The pub is quite well known and I visited it in
Hackett Linen, twin vents and creases.
Gant OCBD
Farah slacks with frog mouth pockets
Loake semi brouge
View attachment 1457578

Nice pub. Nice tiles. You look smarter than before in a tailored jacket.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs K invited me to her writing group's delayed summer lunch last Friday. It takes place in a country pub. It was the first I have visited since pubs reopened, which followed 'strict covid rules'. No ordering at the bar, no mingling with other tables, only allowed to move from your table to go to the loo, etc. Despite all that it was very enjoyable. No pics in the pub, but this is what I wore:

Crumpled linen jacket too and chinos. Gurteen // CT chinos and shirt // Drake's square and Boss suede loafers (not shown).

writing group 09 20.jpg

writing group fullish.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads