• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Swampster

Reaction score
I've seen so much Massimo Dutti at TK Maxx that I was starting to wonder whether they had bought the brand. Obviously not.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking sharp gents ?

I have never bought anything from Massimo Dutti, although often been impressed with some of their stores when in Spain. Last week I was in TK Maxx where they had a display of some very nice looking DB navy blazers.

I tried one on and was pleased with the quality and fit and amazed that it was from M Dutti. Made in Portugal from lovely Italian fabric that is a blend of cotton, linen and wool, it is part lined, has natural shoulders and working cuff buttons. The sleeves needed shortening and, after discussion with my alterations tailor, we decided to shorten them from the shoulders to preserve the cuffs intact.

I collected it yesterday and am pleased with the result. Total cost with alterations was £72. It’s more 1980s than the Look but I am sure it will get some wear.

A couple of pictures and more to follow when I wear it.

Really nice Mr K.
I always tought that Massimo Dutti was some ordinary brand, making advantage of the Italian name, but your jacket has me stand corrected.
£72, comprehensive of the cost of shortening sleeves from the shoulder, is not a price - it's a R, A & B! :fonz:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice Mr K.
I always tought that Massimo Dutti was some ordinary brand, making advantage of the Italian name, but your jacket has me stand corrected.
£72, comprehensive of the cost of shortening sleeves from the shoulder, is not a price - it's a R, A & B! :fonz:
I used to think the same. I first started taking note of the brand when I was in Spain and visited a couple of larger shops in Elx and Murcia. Nicely designed and presented but this is the first item I have found that I really wanted to buy - especially at £20?

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife was very impressed by Massimo Dutti’s women’s wear— I’ll pick a piece or two up for her while traveling... but I never even took a gander at the men’s gear. Next time(God willing) I’ll have to check it.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I used to think the same. I first started taking note of the brand when I was in Spain and visited a couple of larger shops in Elx and Murcia. Nicely designed and presented but this is the first item I have found that I really wanted to buy - especially at £20?

Buy a £20 jacket, spend £72 on alterations ???

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy a £20 jacket, spend £72 on alterations ???
Sometimes that’s the way it bounces but the end result is a 92 quid jacket - if it looks good and fits right - bargain!
I recently got a Kersey wool US Navy pea coat from 1968 in mint condition for $40. Much thicker and heavier than more current versions. I might have spent twice that amount on alterations but I couldn’t be happier with it and it pisses on just about any other pea coat I‘ve ever seen whether military or high street or ‘designer’ brand. As much as I hate the winter I could almost say I’m looking forward to getting into some cold weather somewhere so I can get it on!

Cade

Reaction score
Norman Walsh Challenger retro 80s boots.
The quality and comfort is phenomenal but information on the leather is lacking. Cheers!
norman walsh 1.JPG

norman walsh 2.JPG

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes, and big props for using shoe trees even in sneakers.
Now, that's some real dedication.

Cade

Reaction score
Nice shoes, and big props for using shoe trees even in sneakers.
Now, that's some real dedication.
?
Overkill for sure but considering they don't make these anymore, I thought it'd be better to pamper them a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads