• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an Ivy style Graham Marsh X Kamakura shirt. Full details on the blog ...

6588E70D-64A0-443D-A1DB-41817C382929.jpeg

Swampster

Reaction score
Nice. I would wear it tucked in though.

I note sleeves are longer than body. So presumably designed to be worn untucked.

1960s shirts covered your seat.
Some 60s and earlier shirts were seemingly made with shorter tails.
I remember listening to an episode of 'the Huggetts'* made in the 50s. The scene was a day at the beach and the dialogue went something like...
"Joe, look at you with your shirt tails out. You look a right sight."
"But there's loads of young men with their shirts out. It's what people do these days."
"Yes, but there shirts are made to be out. Tuck your shirt in - I'm embarrassed to be seen with you."

*Typical 50s family sitcom of perhaps more historical than comedic interest; the radio series was a spin off of some late 40s films..

Swampster

Reaction score
Was too late to get this in the challenge. Posted it in CM WAYW but probably pertinent here as well ...

View attachment 1434219
Somebody said on here I reminded them of Roger Sterling which is quite the compliment. Not sure of this is the look going on or the look not having moved from 1963!!
I can see the Sterling-ness. A three point pocket square would make it even more him, though he did use other styles as well.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a very nice look @Thin White Duke

You are very adept at hat-wearing if I may say so. That is a particularly rakish angle ?. Pity you missed the deadline.
Cheers Mr K - I used to wear hats pushed back but my missus encouraged me to pull it forward and cock it. As ol’ blue eyes used to say “cock your hat - angles are attitudes!”

Swampster

Reaction score
I noticed partly because the different generations each seemed to tend towards certain styles, ending up with Pete's generation with no pocket squares.
I occasionally do one of the fancier styles but generally stick with simple.

Swampster

Reaction score

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few recent out and about pics.
Barracuta, John Simons madras popover, Levi selvedge 501's, and Grafters Monkeys.
IMG_9759.jpg
IMG_9756.jpg
IMG_9749.jpg

Uniqlo seersucker jacket, Gant pinpoint cotton BD, Paul Smith cotton and wool mix trews, Bass loafers, Liberty PS. Prada shades.
Had my hair cut last week, first time since the end of Feb, but only at the back and neck, I thought that I'd keep it longer for a bit.
IMG_9933.jpg
IMG_9926.jpg
IMG_9873.jpg
IMG_9910.jpg

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covid or not, 90% of Italians are on vacation now.
Guess who's the sleepy looking guy who still goes to office?

20200804_121045.jpg

Cotton jersey, houndtooth jacket by Manuel Ritz.
It's a little short, I know, but comfortable.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers Mr K - I used to wear hats pushed back but my missus encouraged me to pull it forward and cock it. As ol’ blue eyes used to say “cock your hat - angles are attitudes!”
Nice hat, and nice cock (no, that's not what she said).
I'm still struggling to wear a hat with that smart attitude. I guess it takes some practice.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking sharp gents ?

I have never bought anything from Massimo Dutti, although often been impressed with some of their stores when in Spain. Last week I was in TK Maxx where they had a display of some very nice looking DB navy blazers.

I tried one on and was pleased with the quality and fit and amazed that it was from M Dutti. Made in Portugal from lovely Italian fabric that is a blend of cotton, linen and wool, it is part lined, has natural shoulders and working cuff buttons. The sleeves needed shortening and, after discussion with my alterations tailor, we decided to shorten them from the shoulders to preserve the cuffs intact.

I collected it yesterday and am pleased with the result. Total cost with alterations was £72. It’s more 1980s than the Look but I am sure it will get some wear.

A couple of pictures and more to follow when I wear it.

18677E5A-2BDE-4CE9-8E91-F4555B5087B9.jpeg

50BF3721-C748-4178-889E-4EC6EAE8FF9B.jpeg

C3B72245-1A6A-4B53-9484-DED4191E8697.jpeg

FFEE27C9-543C-46B9-8430-D5A3107BF0E5.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads