• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

Go vote guys.
Very good competition start, i will relax a bit (last Challenge was my 7th Victory !), and hope that our mates from this thread @cerneabbas, @Inkss, @Mr Knightley, will have good results !

Keep on voting !
(Even if i think it will be difficult to catch up AAS)

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good competition start, i will relax a bit (last Challenge was my 7th Victory !), and hope that our mates from this thread @cerneabbas, @Inkss, @Mr Knightley, will have good results !

Keep on voting !
(Even if i think it will be difficult to catch up AAS)
You have done very well, Inspector. That must be one of the best records on SF.

Yes, AAS will be hard to catch now...

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were prices like? Sanders hi top are usually quite dear unless you are lucky and find them in Blackmans, off Brick Lane. Would not mind a pair in snuff suede. I have navy which is nearly black. Would size up. Not that much room in the toe box. Would also buy a Clark’s desert boot at a sensible price. I usually buy Roamers but the soles don’t last long before the honeycomb base shows through.

Carreducker seem to be doing a clear out of the desert boots at the moment and have them reduced down to £149. They're made by Jadd in Rendlesham.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for an informal job interview yesterday, I was told that there wasn't any need to get suited and booted, but I thought that I would make an effort, even though it was 27oC in the car driving to it.

Paul Smith 2 button coat, Gant BD, Austin Reed knitted silk tie, Burberry trousers, and black Loake smooths.
IMG_8766.JPG

Still got lockdown hair, 14 weeks since the last hair cut.
IMG_8768.JPG

This is a photo of me in 1985 aged 19, in a similar outfit and hairstyle. MTM Blazer and trousers.
IMG_8774.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for an informal job interview yesterday, I was told that there wasn't any need to get suited and booted, but I thought that I would make an effort, even though it was 27oC in the car driving to it.

Paul Smith 2 button coat, Gant BD, Austin Reed knitted silk tie, Burberry trousers, and black Loake smooths.
View attachment 1399694

Still got lockdown hair, 14 weeks since the last hair cut.
View attachment 1399695

This is a photo of me in 1985 aged 19, in a similar outfit and hairstyle. MTM Blazer and trousers.
View attachment 1399697
The Look Goes On! Did you get the job?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Look Goes On! Did you get the job?
Hi Mr K I am positive about the job, it is a lecturing role and will depend on how the company restarts with running their courses post lockdown. They will know better in July whether or not they have capacity to safely run multiple courses, split over their centres up North and darn Sarf.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Yorky I wish you well. A part, actually the best part of my job in healthcare is facilitating national meetings and events. Something I have not been able to do since 12 March. Yesterday, we started rolling out virtual meetings using MS Teams, which has been a steep learning curve - not the same by any means, but here to stay...Maybe in the autumn we can start to return to some kind of normality.

Your 'then and now' pictures remind me we haven't done this for a while. It seems to be a season of scant activity, so I'll try to find some new old pics.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was one of my most recent pictures in a suit. WFH has meant far fewer opportunities for dressing. 30 years ago I was in London on my way to see...the Queen.

Spring / Summer 2020:
85BB9BA0-32B8-4894-B60F-25915BD9DA96.jpeg

29D15EA1-8D5D-4EC1-BF7A-309AAA1AF319.jpeg
CT suit in Alfred Brown Yorkshire worsted // Harvie & Hudson shirt // Lanvin knitted tie and Jeffery-West monks

S / S 1990:
8BE0F65F-6394-4113-928F-E95F617B41ED.jpeg
Van Gils suit // Christian Dior Monsieur shirt // Ulisse (Italian brand) tie // John White Oxford brogues

I have been tracking down some older images and trying to upload / edit them. Next up - blousons, maybe.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Long time since i bought a new FP tennis shirt. This FPxMH offering in this new colour, and with a tonal logo, will most probably join my collection at the next sales.
I like the cut, based on the M3, like were the FPxNC shirts.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time since i bought a new FP tennis shirt. This FPxMH offering in this new colour, and with a tonal logo, will most probably join my collection at the next sales.
I like the cut, based on the M3, like were the FPxNC shirts.
Nice relaxed cut. I like that colour too.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah not for me. I don’t think that loose cut is very flattering on the model and would be equally unflattering on me. I suppose it was always inevitable that the pendulum was going to swing away from the sausage skin cuts of clothes in recent years, but there was always the danger it would swing too far in the opposite direction, and here we are. I’ve seen this in a lot of ‘fashion’ photo layouts recently. Big baggy pleated strides and loose fitting 1990s - ish gear. It’s not for me.
I recently got two FPs from Stuart’s both In my usual size M. The first fits me fine as usual. The second fits like a tent and will cost half the purchase price to send it back so it’s getting regifted or going on eBay. Caveat emptor!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads