• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Useless indeed BUT looking good. I was tempted but with the delivery problems we have here these days, they would probably have arrived after the end of the pandemic (and anyway i only wear the surgical disposable ones) !

View attachment 1393338
Did you order this color/pattern (my favorite) or the other one ?

This type of mask isn't totally useless if everyone wears one. it doesn't protect you but others from you.
While surgical masks (of certain types) do both.
I have ordered this one and a blue madras, which I believe was the only other available. JS is only shipping once a week at the moment, so I don’t expect them just yet.

They certainly look good on the website and made in England. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a creeping insanity going on. Nightly broadcasts from the Leaders about 'the Science' as they flip flop from this to that and back again, docile clapping from the masses as they await their Messiah. I really can't get worked up about masks made out of old knickers, that's not my 'new normal'.

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a creeping insanity going on. Nightly broadcasts from the Leaders about 'the Science' as they flip flop from this to that and back again, docile clapping from the masses as they await their Messiah. I really can't get worked up about masks made out of old knickers, that's not my 'new normal'.
Quite agree. I work closely with the health service and could reveal a number of recent horrors - decisions taken based on ‘the science’ and soon reversed / abandoned etc. But the JS masks do look nice ?

BTW @covskin. are you still going to the office or WFH?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Useless indeed BUT looking good. I was tempted but with the delivery problems we have here these days, they would probably have arrived after the end of the pandemic (and anyway i only wear the surgical disposable ones) !

View attachment 1393338
Did you order this color/pattern (my favorite) or the other one ?

This type of mask isn't totally useless if everyone wears one. it doesn't protect you but others from you.
While surgical masks (of certain types) do both.
Got a JS LS popover made out of the same cloth, but shan't be getting one.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normal behaviour from the lying Tories.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normal behaviour from the lying Tories.
In this case are they outright lying or just woefully incompetent? Of course the two aren’t mutually exclusive. I don’t follow closely the politics back home it’s exhausting trying to keep up with the ridiculous mixed messages our dear leader over here puts out. And he’s the poster boy for outright mendacity combined with woeful incompetence.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this case are they outright lying or just woefully incompetent? Of course the two aren’t mutually exclusive. I don’t follow closely the politics back home it’s exhausting trying to keep up with the ridiculous mixed messages our dear leader over here puts out. And he’s the poster boy for outright mendacity combined with woeful incompetence.
A bit of both I would say, the thing is any government would have struggled in these extreme circumstances, I understand that. But they have dilly dallyed, and not been quick enough off the mark, ignored expert advice, and then refused to admit it. They've been proven to have lied, care homes being a major cover up.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So to wrap up the political debate I now understand that once Joe Biden and the Whigs are in power the truth will come out and the virus crisis will be dealt with !

Ok, so now back to TLGO and I have a question, what Country or even outdoor clothes or shoes could fit into 'the Look' ?

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score
I really can't get worked up about masks made out of old knickers, that's not my 'new normal'.

They wouldn't make face masks out of old knickers if they came from women round my end you would be more likely to get some STD rather than the old corona.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Ok, so now back to TLGO and I have a question, what Country or even outdoor clothes or shoes could fit into 'the Look' ?
Well apart the traditional country brogues, shoes, boots...
Loden (material, for coats or jackets) comes to mind. It has country origins, the coats are originally hunting coats (with holes under the arms to use a rifle with ease).

Overcoat 3.JPG
Here worn with a FP Football cardigan.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well apart the traditional country brogues, shoes, boots...
Loden (material, for coats or jackets) comes to mind. It has country origins, the coats are originally hunting coats (with holes under the arms to use a rifle with ease).

View attachment 1393882
Here worn with a FP Football cardigan.

Very nice,I remember looking at Loden coats a while back and there were some interesting styles.
Loden is sometimes used to describe a shade of green,but like your coat there are lots of Loden items in different colours.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@cerneabbas yes in English the name is known as in "Loden green", but at first it's a woolen material woven in a certain way that makes it rainproof (too complicated process for me to explain in English).
The hunting coats (that exist in different lengths) are very popular in France, considered a gentleman, or country gentleman garment. The best ones come from Austria (but they are also made in Italia and germany). Green is their most famous color (hence "Loden green") but they have two other classic shades : navy and charcoal grey.
I think at first they made capes in Loden, they still exist and are a traditional Austrian item.
I think i mentioned before i went to an old huge shop in Vienna that had hundreds of Loden coats and jackets.
I had a Green one in the time, and several Navy since. Next one will be Charcoal.
Steinbock is a good Austrian brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads