• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes the Sanders Hi-Top are difficult to find at bargain price (on the contrary to Clarks or Astorflex DBs). I like them BUT the huge crepe soles stop me, they remind me too much of Creepers i had in the 80s.

I took a look at them a few years ago - nice idea, but no.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Friday Challenge

8 Clouseau.jpg
Disposable surgical mask
UU "Beater" cotton/linen suit
PRL OCBD
Hermès pocket square
Paul Smith belt
Bass Weejun

Please, come with a mask...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1589951610470.png

Lining removed,just needs the seams either side of the zip re-sewn.
As a shell without lining these jackets are quite handy when its warm with light rain because the material is breathable.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Ten days left to post an entry guys. All you punks and all you teds, mods, rockers, hippies, and skinheads... wear a bloody mask and rock this thread !

FC mask Compo-4.jpg

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1590122403731.png

I bought the jacket and the sunglasses at the London meet up in the summer of 2017.
These are the only pair of sunglasses that I have ever really liked enough to consider buying another pair from the same maker,Monokel,a Swedish company these have a Zeiss lens but they aren't a ridiculous price.
I was going to enter this picture in Clouseau's challenge but decided that the trousers are now a really poor fit, they are cotton/linen and they looked ok but I have lost a few pounds and I am now in between sizes.
Anyway at least this shows that there are some bright colours and patterns lurking in my wardrobe.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
View attachment 1392929
I bought the jacket and the sunglasses at the London meet up in the summer of 2017.
These are the only pair of sunglasses that I have ever really liked enough to consider buying another pair from the same maker,Monokel,a Swedish company these have a Zeiss lens but they aren't a ridiculous price.
I was going to enter this picture in Clouseau's challenge but decided that the trousers are now a really poor fit, they are cotton/linen and they looked ok but I have lost a few pounds and I am now in between sizes.
Anyway at least this shows that there are some bright colours and patterns lurking in my wardrobe.
You entered with a brilliant picture in the Challenge !
20 entries so far BTW and i believe more to come...

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1393003

Rain,wind and plague here today.....

Definitely a Covid look I tend to go for— unfortunately 73° here today— army green loose-fitting jeans, a rugby striped LS tee shirt, and blue Gazelle. I’d opt for brogues instead of the Paraboot I don’t own.

48767494-CE18-483A-A31F-50E409DA3DF5.jpeg

F6385DFE-1632-4E05-9758-621420B182CD.jpeg

*EDIT* the Paraboot comment was in reference to the ensemble worn by @cerneabbas . The look is almost exactly what I’ve been wearing, but today is hot so no jacket for me desafortunatamente.

Last edited:

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of masks.
In the early stages of the Covid crisis here (England) we were strongly advised that wearing masks was unnecessary and even counter productive,that has changed gradually.
I wondered if the authorities were/are against masks because they don't really want people covering their faces for unlawful reasons ? or maybe they feel that if the majority of people cover their faces then somehow we shun one another and society suffers ?

A lot of 'experts' are predicting a terrible 'second wave' of the virus in the Autumn which combined with the flu season could cause catastrophic loss of life,lets hope that they are wrong.
In the event of 2nd wave,3rd wave,4th wave etc etc I can see that the wearing of face masks in public places could become normal until (hopefully) a vaccine is found.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of masks.
In the early stages of the Covid crisis here (England) we were strongly advised that wearing masks was unnecessary and even counter productive,that has changed gradually.
I wondered if the authorities were/are against masks because they don't really want people covering their faces for unlawful reasons ? or maybe they feel that if the majority of people cover their faces then somehow we shun one another and society suffers ?

A lot of 'experts' are predicting a terrible 'second wave' of the virus in the Autumn which combined with the flu season could cause catastrophic loss of life,lets hope that they are wrong.
In the event of 2nd wave,3rd wave,4th wave etc etc I can see that the wearing of face masks in public places could become normal until (hopefully) a vaccine is found.
Mrs K has, unfortunately spent some time with the NHS this year and, chatting to nurses, she was given to understand that the reluctance was due to a concern about people not handling the masks correctly.

The fear was that the contamination could be spread by people touching their faces when taking off the mask. I guess the thinking moves on...I reckon about half the people I see are wearing them today.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Nope.
The truth is that our governments didnt have mask for the population.
The few they had, they kept them for doctors and nurses.
They didnt want to create a panic so they say it was useless.
Pure lie.
Now here we have masks, and to the contrary of what they said until one month ago, they want us to wear them the more possible and they are now obligatory in all public transports (that are the first place of contamination).
A last word to say that cloth masks are totally useless except if everybody wears one.
Only surgical masks offer a relative protection, and not all of them...
The pandemic goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
...indeed it does...

I have ordered some of the useless ones from JS and if they arrive in time...
Useless indeed BUT looking good. I was tempted but with the delivery problems we have here these days, they would probably have arrived after the end of the pandemic (and anyway i only wear the surgical disposable ones) !

Smart mask.jpg

Did you order this color/pattern (my favorite) or the other one ?

This type of mask isn't totally useless if everyone wears one. it doesn't protect you but others from you.
While surgical masks (of certain types) do both.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads