• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Must admit I preferred at the time wearing levi denim jacket or knock-off MA1 in yep you guessed it sage green!
BTW Denim/Jeans/Trucker jackets guys, still wearing them?
Look and season appropriate?
What about them?
Favourites ?
Thought, pictures, collection, etc...

(I still like them, but strictly avoid double denim now)

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about them?
Favourites ?

Yeah I have a couple two-t’ree Type III’s. What I believe to be a 1969-1970 Levi one, old and faded; a Real McCoy’s one, pristine and dark selvedge yadda yadda yadda; an orSlow dark brown cord one which I wear a lot in the Summer/Fall; and a gun metal grey one made by Outlier, made from some ballistic and stretch fabric, which is excellent for sun protection and breathes really well.
I’ve always liked the Type III specifically, though other styles of jean jacket have caught my eye. To me, the cord trucker is more versatile because I wear jeans more frequently than cord trousers(and also avoid the double denim).
Almost forgot to mention, below is a nice wide wale cord overshirt that is reminiscent of a Type III, made by Pretty Green. I have this one and it’s getting a lot of in-home wear and layering use(when heading outdoors) currently. Because of my stubby arms, I turn back the cuffs, making it look more, erm, trucker-ish.

1586452029963.png

andyf

Reaction score
What about them?
Favourites ?

Dont own one now. I had the cracking red tag one which I talked a mate into flogging to me. Now It had patches on which I took off but you could see a darker patch where the ford badge and duckhams patch had been for a while.
only other one I owned was a white one I picked up in carnaby street around 86 a la Keith moon.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Nice replies so far Guys. @Botolph collection picture is welcome !
@andyf definitely from the same class mate, i had in the time a red tag one that I almost only wore double denim but sometimes with a sta prest, and later the white red tag one (@Yorky posted recently a pic of exactly the same one) that I wore with black or blue jeans and white 501s !
Got 3 jeans jacket at the mo, will take a pic tomorrow.

andyf

Reaction score
Nice replies so far Guys. @Botolph collection picture is welcome !
@andyf definitely from the same class mate, i had in the time a red tag one that I almost only wore double denim but sometimes with a sta prest, and later the white red tag one (@Yorky posted recently a pic of exactly the same one) that I wore with black or blue jeans and white 501s !
Got 3 jeans jacket at the mo, will take a pic tomorrow.
Me too on the double denim front. I had that Levi’s jacket right through the 80s mind until it fell to bits.
Ive also remembered having a cheap denim jacket which I bleached ( splashed on not fully) .
Staprest I wore then - white, cream and sky blue. Not worn any since.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Me too on the double denim front. I had that Levi’s jacket right through the 80s mind until it fell to bits.
Ive also remembered having a cheap denim jacket which I bleached ( splashed on not fully) .
Staprest I wore then - white, cream and sky blue. Not worn any since.
Exactly the same with my Levi jacket! Think i kept it at least 20 years.
Sta prest : white (Stone), cream (beige?), ice blue, charcoal, Black...
I remember i had a 70s deadstock one once. Quality was great but legs were wide !
Bleached : splashed on 501s...only once!

andyf

Reaction score
Exactly the same with my Levi jacket! Think i kept it at least 20 years.
Sta prest : white (Stone), cream (beige?), ice blue, charcoal, Black...
I remember in had a 70s deadstock one once. Quality was great but legs were wide !
Bleached : splashed on 501s...only once!
Uncanny!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
While we are there @andyf,
10 eyes black smooth DMs.
Later 8 eyes Oxblood DMs Steel toe caps.
And my first MA-1 was a knock-off too! (And me mates took the piss)

andyf

Reaction score
While we are there @andyf,
10 eyes black smooth DMs.
Later 8 eyes Oxblood DMs Steel toe caps.
And my first MA-1 was a knock-off too! (And me mates took the piss)
Me mum and dad got my first pair 8 hole DMS in feckin tan! All me mates had black so i soon got some 10 hole black then 14 hole cherry reds. Never tucked jeans into boots tho always had jeans certain height.
ive picked up recently a pair of black post 2000 made in England 8 eye dms which I wear for work and also the same in a shoe ( made in England) which are solovair made by Doc marten ( go figure!) both off of fleabay

Attachments

• 25C3599A-5EB3-43B8-870C-B8DEAE987D67.jpeg
    25C3599A-5EB3-43B8-870C-B8DEAE987D67.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 17
  • A3AEFA03-9A86-408D-8991-55653F3E9E38.jpeg
    A3AEFA03-9A86-408D-8991-55653F3E9E38.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AFAD1853-1B34-42C0-B628-27EDED4EDF8E.jpeg
    AFAD1853-1B34-42C0-B628-27EDED4EDF8E.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 96CD6FF9-0208-47B9-9615-2F1F70E3A18B.jpeg
    96CD6FF9-0208-47B9-9615-2F1F70E3A18B.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 801DC14E-E33E-47E8-AB24-FDC04335927B.jpeg
    801DC14E-E33E-47E8-AB24-FDC04335927B.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 37

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Never got higher than 10 holes, then the 8 holes aforementioned, then much later i bought black smooth 6 holes i still have.
Wore jeans with turn-ups (not too high) to show the boots, and wore loafers, 3 or 4 holes DMs, or brogues with sta prest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads