• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Last Resort was a strong brand, I'll give them that. Something about the shop and the graphics, you can so easily imagine an achingly hip direct to customer startup...

20120920_162919.jpg

andyf

Reaction score
The Last Resort was a strong brand, I'll give them that. Something about the shop and the graphics, you can so easily imagine an achingly hip direct to customer startup...

View attachment 1362702
[/QUO
went down on a Saturday only to find it closed. Football apparently!
pre internet no way of finding out.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah not bad. I keep up on some modern Oi! music myself. B-Squadron has a real mean, 4-Skins kind of meat’n’potatoes sound.

A bit “mod to suedehead”, I realize. Pardon the digression. Too bad we didn’t have a sub-thread for TLGO and MTS “quarantine playlists”.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yeah not bad. I keep up on some modern Oi! music myself. B-Squadron has a real mean, 4-Skins kind of meat’n’potatoes sound.

A bit “mod to suedehead”, I realize. Pardon the digression. Too bad we didn’t have a sub-thread for TLGO and MTS “quarantine playlists”.

Well finally not that MtS as it is post Suedehead stuff...
Was more of a Punk Rock and a ska/reggae fan meself but i liked a bit of Oi! Mainly Rejects and 4-Skins, i also have the first Last Resort album and some 45rpm from several bands. No later than 1983-84 as i moved on then.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Lord, I recognise the tune from somewhere though. My musical tastes were pretty mixed, but nothing from the (then) past.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We could post Spotify playlists, if that is possible to do, folks just need to download the free Spotify App to listen.
It would be interesting to see what people's musical tastes are. For me style and music have always been extricably linked.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re gonna do music please do so under a different thread title.
I used to look at the mod generation website but it’s descended into nothing more than people posting pictures of CDs of what they’re currently listening to. Each to their own but I find that boring AF me.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
New topic :

Shopping (clothing) ideas for "after" ?

In my case :

Onitsuka Tiger Tai Chi (i've got a pair in White, i want another one in Black)

A light Chino for summer. Uniqlo Vintage Chino will be perfect (yes Orslow is much better but i don't want to break the bank for a Chino)

Maybe a Fred Perry Ringer Tshirt, they just released some in a lot of coloUrs, i like the red.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I found a working link for "RUDEBOY THE STORY OF TROJAN RECORDS". Cool stuff, if you want to jump to the skinhead chapter it's at 40mins.
Just click on the word "facebook" (even if it says it doesn't work)

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New topic :

Shopping (clothing) ideas for "after" ?

In my case :

Onitsuka Tiger Tai Chi (i've got a pair in White, i want another one in Black)

A light Chino for summer. Uniqlo Vintage Chino will be perfect (yes Orslow is much better but i don't want to break the bank for a Chino)

Maybe a Fred Perry Ringer Tshirt, they just released some in a lot of coloUrs, i like the red.
I went past the onitsuka tiger shop in NYC a few months ago. I like the white with red and blue and the yellow
Bruce Lee ones but already have gazelles in similar colours so I passed.

There’s not much I need / want so I suppose I’m inventing scenarios now. I was so chuffed with the way my Thick as Thieves jacket turned out, it recently occurred to me I’d love an all-purpose sports jacket for when I next go home. Something I could wear with maybe a shirt and sta pressts and chelseas if we’re out for dinner or dress down with a FP, jeans and gazelles. I’m thinking royal blue PoW with some hopsack-y texture but wouldn’t know where to go looking for that. I think my alteration tailor had some swatches so I’ll take a look when I’m next there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics