• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suggested to my 9 years old son a Buzz cut, but i don't know why he glanced at me weirdly. Maybe because i gave him a few days before a new pair of 8 eyes DMs ?

My Clipper/Trimmer is a german Moser. Very Good. My Barber uses the same brand. That's the complete set :

View attachment 1361345
Don't forget the tight jeans and Union flag T shirt, for the lad.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Don't forget the tight jeans and Union flag T shirt, for the lad.
French flag you mean.
never wore tight jeans ! That came a bit later here happily - and i hated it.
Bleached, yes, i already confessed (only one pair though).

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I choked on my coffee when I learnt the plan for the UK was to let the whole population catch covid on purpose.
Yes and sacrifice our parents, grandparents, etc, who the f**k, voted those wankers in.
We've got a PM who doesn't even bother to comb his hair, I wonder if he'll be getting it cut.?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
French flag you mean.
never wore tight jeans ! That came a bit later here happily - and i hated it.
Bleached, yes, i already confessed (only one pair though).
What colour is that, white? ????.
Only joking Inspector before you get?✌

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
What colour is that, white? ????.
Only joking Inspector before you get?✌
How dare you ! You wear a french Béret ! Well à la Benny Hill though !
(scroll down !)

benny.jpg

Last edited:

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How dare you ! You wear a french Béret ! Well à la Benny Hill though !
(scroll down !)

View attachment 1361350
It's a Breton beret, not the onion seller style, although I do have one.
Breton was brought from Great Britain to Armorica (the ancient name for the coastal region that includes the Brittany peninsula) by migrating Britons during the Early Middle Ages; it is thus an Insular Celtic language, though closely related to the Continental Celtic Gaulish languagewhich had been spoken in pre-Roman Gaul.[6] Breton is most closely related to Cornish, both being Southwestern Brittonic languages.[7] Welsh and the extinct Cumbric are the more distantly related Western Brittonic languages.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Bretagne is in France BTW... i doubt they wore bérets in the early middle ages !
And the origine of the béret is rather Basque i think...
Well just wear it slightly to the side, and don't sink it deeply on your head please ! ;)

Last edited:

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bretagne is in France BTW... i doubt they wore bérets in the early middle ages !
And the origine of Bérets is rather Basque i think...
Well just wear it slightly on the side, and don't sink deeply on your head please !
Never been that good at geography, I thought that it was in Yorkshire ?

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The correct word is marsupial, I.e. As in backwards, the way the French army walk.??

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It is true that the Brits walked much faster to get aboard their ships at Dunkerque.
Frankly, if you were not on an Island, Uncle Adolph would have crushed you, like he did with the rest of Europe. :-D

It will be easier next time, there is a tunnel now ! (Napoléon idea IIRC)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads