• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
I admit I had to Google those. Lovely looking shoes. I see Harrods do them - perhaps in the spring...
Got them a while back. Copperfields in Moorgate, which is a nice shop, couldn't sell them. Wound up outing all their Stenmar stock - dirt cheap. Just to get their money back. I got three (different) pairs... They kind of resented me in the end!

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Man-of-Mystery put the new Friday Challenge up !

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It is the first time M-o-M is running a Challenge, and it is a great topic, i hope we will have a lot of good entries.

Paging the notable Dressers and potential Crombie style coat wearers :
@Mr Knightley, @Botolph, @Thin White Duke, @Cleav, @EFV, @macjedi, @Get Smart, @Bela Kun - one of the rare who owns a real Crombie with @Roycru and Cleav - there are probably others, @Gerry Nelson, @Rais, @Andy57, @am55, @Shen, @upr_crust, @Yorky, etc…

We had an Overcoat Challenge ran by @UrbanComposition two years ago, so fresh/recent pictures would be better gents !

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
is that the Woolrich Arctic Parka?
No B. It's a reversible smock. The other side's orange and doesn't get used too often. It was in collaboration with an English designer, big into saving the earth. I've got the parka, posted it on here. The smock's more substantial, love Woolrich stuff.

Last edited:

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No B. It's a reversible smock. The other side's orange and doesn't get used too often. It was in collaboration with an English designer, big into saving the earth. I've got the parka, posted it on here. The smock's more substantial, love Woolrich stuff.

Nice. Reversible smock, sounds like a Nigel Cabourn design.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can certainly see why you wouldn’t want to wear interior side out. Obnoxious colors and giant logos, etc.
Pretty robust-looking on the reverse though.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Man-of-Mystery 's Friday Challenge has been extended until January 12th.
It would be definitely good to see you guys there, and don't tell me you don't have a Crombie style overcoat ! ;)

I posted my entry yesterday, a mix of Brit and French clothing.

Gilles Crombie Style.JPG

Coat : Arnys (very Chic French make, definitely my best Crombie style coat)
Scarf : Tootal x Fred Perry
Tie : Old England (a French brand despite his name !)
Shirt : Comme des Garçons
Belt (unseen) : Paul Smith
Trousers: Merc London 'Winston' Sta prest
Shoes: Church's Burwood

Keep the entries coming !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads