• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, so light, so stiff, so comfortable, and like all good shoes can be sent back to be resoled

Purely functional, for hills and mountains not everyday use!

IMG_20210211_103009.jpg

Walsh

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kingstonian I don't like to comment when a challenge is under way, but now this one is over I can only say that I agree. FCs are a bit of fun really and the voting can be bizarre at times. Even on occasions when I have been fortunate enough to do well, I have sometimes known deep down that mine was not the best entry - either in terms of the fit or the picture quality...

@donkeyjacket2 that one is very close to my older MiE DAKS (now gone, sadly) and pretty close to my current Made in Turkey number. Both mine are / were only 2-piece, of course. Where was yours made?

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score
I think its certainly older than 30 years cos the pockets have yellowed from age(or i just hope the person hasnt pissed themselves who had it previously lol) I should have this suit what was made in west germany coming soon too what i got for 15 quid, it should be a similar tone to a leather waistcoat i have hopefully.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kingstonian I don't like to comment when a challenge is under way, but now this one is over I can only say that I agree. FCs are a bit of fun really and the voting can be bizarre at times. Even on occasions when I have been fortunate enough to do well, I have sometimes known deep down that mine was not the best entry - either in terms of the fit or the picture quality...

I have no idea what people are thinking when they vote for these challenges. That was confirmed when the outstanding Inkss entry did not win a while back and it turned into a best Harrington show instead.

It would be best if you could just see the results without voting and inadvertently adding credence to the competition. I suppose you could just vote for every entry so that no harm was done. Except there is a vote limit in most cases, so scratch that idea.

donkeyjacket2

Reaction score
I agree, you don't really see people do there scarves like that these days either from my experience

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads