• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Look goes on...

Yorky

Reaction score
Out and about photos
LEEDS ARCADE-RL OCBD, UNIQLO JACKET, CT TROUSERS, WEEJUNS
IMG_0404.jpg

FILEY SEAFRONT- ALPHA MA-1, FAR AFIELD BD
IMG_0411.jpg

HARROGATE RESTAURANT-FAR AFIELD SEERSUCKER, FAR AFIELD BD, PS TROUSERS, CHURCH'S BROGUES
IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harrogate seems popular with the ladies.

I struggled to find a decent caff for breakfast in Leeds. Eventually found one in Briggate. It is a shame to resort to Wetherspoons breakfast. I don’t like hash browns and they no longer offer Eggs Benedict.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice part of the world. I loved my time at Leeds. Also went to Harrogate several times as a kid with the family. My Mam loved looking at the antique shops, me and me brothers loved to get the ball out for a kick about on the massive parkland there - is it called The Stand or something?

Yorky

Reaction score
Nice part of the world. I loved my time at Leeds. Also went to Harrogate several times as a kid with the family. My Mam loved looking at the antique shops, me and me brothers loved to get the ball out for a kick about on the massive parkland there - is it called The Stand or something?
Great place Harrogate, yes the parkland is called The Stray, it's often voted as the best place to live in the U.K., but only if you can afford it. But it's the same as a lot of places, and the town centre can be rough on a night out due to gangs of pissed up knobheads.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pics, @Yorky

We stayed in Filey a few years ago. Lovely place. But I was left with the impression the locals were rather down on alcohol. Shortly after we arrived we were in a supermarket buying a few bits and the woman in front of us at the checkout had a couple of bottles of Champagne. The guy on the checkout asked if she was having a party. She said no, but it's the weekend. He said 'well, it's not for me to judge'! On another occasion we asked a young local guy whether there was a decent pub in the area and he said 'hmmm....a pub you say? No, not sure...'

Yorky

Reaction score
Nice pics, @Yorky

We stayed in Filey a few years ago. Lovely place. But I was left with the impression the locals were rather down on alcohol. Shortly after we arrived we were in a supermarket buying a few bits and the woman in front of us at the checkout had a couple of bottles of Champagne. The guy on the checkout asked if she was having a party. She said no, but it's the weekend. He said 'well, it's not for me to judge'! On another occasion we asked a young local guy whether there was a decent pub in the area and he said 'hmmm....a pub you say? No, not sure...'
🍻🥂 The problem with a lot of these seaside towns is that many of the indigenous locals are probably in low paid jobs, and aren't used to drinking Champers or going to the pub. It tends to be the tourists who have the spending power. Our favourite place to go to eat is a small hotel on the seafront and is always full of let's say the chavvy set, knocking it back.
I stopped drinking over ten years ago, and don't miss it one bit.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped drinking over ten years ago, and don't miss it one bit.
Good move.
In Italy we use to say "bacco, tabacco e venere riducon l'uomo in cenere", i.e. "drinking (Greeks had Bacchus as the god of wine), tobacco and sex (Venus was the gooddess of love) bring man to ashes".
Now, I very seldom drink and haven't got really drunk in, at last, the last twenty years; also, I quit smoking three years ago.
About Venus, well, in the dialect of my zone, venere it's not only said gooddess, but also means "Friday", so I use to say that for me now it's only the day between Thursday and Saturday :-(.
As you see, I'm now bound to live almost forever. If it's worth it, this is another matter ...

Last edited:

Yorky

Reaction score
Good move.
In Italy we use to say "bacco, tabacco e venere riducon l'uomo in cenere", i.e. "drinking (Greeks had Bacchus as the god of wine), tobacco and sex (Venus was the gooddess of love) bring man to ashes".
Now, I very seldom drink and haven't got really drunk in, at last, the last twenty years; also, I quit smoking three years ago.
About Venus, well, in the dialect of my zone, venere it's not only said gooddess, but also means "Friday", so I use to say that for me now it's only the day between Thursday and Saturday :-(.
As you see, I'm now bound to life almost forever. If it's worth it, this is another matter ...
Sadly for me, I still smoke and attempt to keep the missus happy in the other department.🚬😜

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pics.
I never did get in on the Hardy and Johnson jackets as I’m not on Facebook - too bad they went under but you got a good un there!

I think it amusing that Johnson was doing ivy jackets. I understand he was around the Mod scene in the sixties before disappearing to Scandinavia with his girl. I first came across his shops in Kings Road and Kensington market in the eighties when he was doing all leather La Rocka gear such as the George Michael jacket in the ‘Faith’ video and the snakeskin Chelsea boots in Billy Idol’s ‘To Be A Lover’ video. That was some U-turn to get back into doing Ivy threads!

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to visit Lloyd in London (Hackney) in 2019. And try on jackets so I knew what worked. Spent a Pleasant few hours talking about clothes, music and subcultures and connections. He’s a good bloke as we say. And Australian music too.

Edit:: it was 2018 I think. Time flies when you’re getting old and in lockdown.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami