• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of denim jackets handed down from older brothers.
The first I bought was a Lois denim trucker bought in 1982!

Grew out of that and got a Levi’s one in Leeds market Spring 1988. I still have this and it’s wearable but since I no longer do double denim it’s been unworn in a while.

Got a white Levi’s red tag about ten years ago?? It fits me a bit loose which I didn’t mind at the time but bothers me more now. Since I wear jeans less often and prefer monkey / Harrington jackets it gets worn less and less.

Got a Levi’s tan suede trucker with the leather collar which fits me too small. Gonna put it on eBay.

Got a similar but better fitting tan suede ASOS own brand.

Got a dark brown buffalo leather Levi’s trucker which fights for attention during the very brief jacket season here with my leather A-2. “Danger zone!!!”

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never had a denim jacket (or anything in that style)

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I had a couple of denim jackets handed down from older brothers.
The first I bought was a Lois denim trucker bought in 1982!

Grew out of that and got a Levi’s one in Leeds market Spring 1988. I still have this and it’s wearable but since I no longer do double denim it’s been unworn in a while.

Got a white Levi’s red tag about ten years ago?? It fits me a bit loose which I didn’t mind at the time but bothers me more now. Since I wear jeans less often and prefer monkey / Harrington jackets it gets worn less and less.

Got a Levi’s tan suede trucker with the leather collar which fits me too small. Gonna put it on eBay.

Got a similar but better fitting tan suede ASOS own brand.

Got a dark brown buffalo leather Levi’s trucker which fights for attention during the very brief jacket season here with my leather A-2. “Danger zone!!!”
it's true we had that Friday Challenge on trucker jackets, not so long ago, but not the discussion here...
i had a few Levi's jeans truckers, one white (aforementioned) and like you i found it too loose (that was a long time ago) and sold for peanuts to a pal... he still got it !
i had (well still have, but i don't wear it anymore) a Suede Schott trucker.
At the moment three jeans truckers : Levi's, Lee, Wrangler.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's true we had that Friday Challenge on trucker jackets, not so long ago, but not the discussion here...
i had a few Levi's jeans truckers, one white (aforementioned) and like you i found it too loose (that was a long time ago) and sold for peanuts to a pal... he still got it !
i had (well still have, but i don't wear it anymore) a Suede Schott trucker.
At the moment three jeans truckers : Levi's, Lee, Wrangler.
I am afraid that I could not enter that Challenge for the same reason I cannot contribute here - I have not had a trucker type jacket since about 1984, which was my second. It was a solid canvass type of cotton in pale peppermint from Reiss. First one was a Wrangler creamy, lemony beige needle cord in 1968.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I am afraid that I could not enter that Challenge for the same reason I cannot contribute here - I have not had a trucker type jacket since about 1984, which was my second. It was a solid canvass type of cotton in pale peppermint from Reiss. First one was a Wrangler creamy, lemony beige needle cord in 1968.
i never had a cord one, and was very tempted by one Lee did last year in Jumbo cord... But as i already got those :

jeans jackets.jpg

Lee, Levi's, and Wrangler.
The Wrangler is a bit odd, from a 'vintage' collection they did a few years ago, supposed to be a repro of an old late 40s model.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inspector,
i never had a cord one, and was very tempted by one Lee did last year in Jumbo cord... But as i already got those :

View attachment 1368888
Lee, Levi's, and Wrangler.
The Wrangler is a bit odd, from a 'vintage' collection they did a few years ago, supposed to be a repro of an old late 40s model.
Inspector, the Wrangler looks as though it might have a‘softer’ feel than the other two. I recall mine was a pleasure to wear, whereas later truckers I have tried have been ‘hard’ and unforgiving . That’s the main reason I don’t have any at the moment.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Inspector,

Inspector, the Wrangler looks as though it might have a‘softer’ feel than the other two. I recall mine was a pleasure to wear, whereas later truckers I have tried have been ‘hard’ and unforgiving . That’s the main reason I don’t have any at the moment.
yes it's a different feel than a "classic" trucker, the denim is softer indeed.

Wrangler Trucker.jpg

it's good for layering
Trucker 2.jpg

i also like the press studs.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really dig that Wrangler. Had an Engineered Garments jacket of a similar “coach’s jacket” style about 10-15 years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads