• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Well you are another one @Jimmy Balantyne. I remember when i met you, you looked so great.
C'mon where is your sense of humor gone man (if you ever had one) ?

Ittosai

Reaction score
What's the story Jimmy, how come?
From what i've red since i follow this thread, you can count on Balantyne to boast.
I also suppose he didn't buy a single item from all the pictures he posted.

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
From what i've red since i follow this thread, you can count on Balantyne to boast.
I also suppose he didn't buy a single item from all the pictures he posted.
How much do you want to bet on that?
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 07.18.24.png

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I think you speak for yourself and that definitely you have no sense of humor - or only on one side.
Petty existence? Look at yourself. You dont know nothing about me - just what i told you.

I should not feed the Troll so i wont speak to you anymore, and from now on forget me in your comments.
Sadly, too much hate and bitterness in you.

Last edited:

Yorky

Reaction score
A couple of my recent purchases on their maiden outing

Lee 101Z jeans, taken up and hemmed from the inside, with old gear John Smedley cardigan, Gant OCBD, George Webb of Northampton loafers.
IMG_8183.JPG

Daks Crombie cloth coat from Oxfam, Reiss scarf from years ago before it became just another high street shop.
IMG_8189.JPG

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of my recent purchases on their maiden outing

Lee 101Z jeans, taken up and hemmed from the inside, with old gear John Smedley cardigan, Gant OCBD, George Webb of Northampton loafers.
View attachment 1344461

Daks Crombie cloth coat from Oxfam, Reiss scarf from years ago before it became just another high street shop.
View attachment 1344462
Great. When you say hemmed on the inside, how is that done? I’m on the iPhone, so can’t really see the hem in detail.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my new Harvie & Hudson navy grenadine today. Other stuff is newish apart from the vintage John White brogues.

Jacket: Gurteen
Trousers: John Lewis own label
Shirt: CT
Pocket square: Harvie & Hudson
Belt: hardly visible Anderson’s

DE88D552-979A-41AA-A192-4447E55079EF.jpeg

2CDE3D36-AF63-4813-953D-A3B2A2FE793B.jpeg

Yorky

Reaction score
Great. When you say hemmed on the inside, how is that done? I’m on the iPhone, so can’t really see the hem in detail.
Hi Mr K probably not the best description, there was about 4" of excess cloth on the legs, so I turned them up from the inside to the desired length and pinned them, next I ironed them with steam at the bottom. Next thing was to turn them inside out and at the original hem tacked them all the way round, being careful to only pick up a thread so that it wouldn't show on the outside when worn. I didn't want to cut off the excess cloth,because it would mean overlocking the raw hem to stop it fraying, plus when they eventually start to wear I might decide to go for a turn up.
I used to be quite good on the ex wife's sewing machine also, I used to buy Ben Sherman shirts in the 90's which where a really bad fit, no sewn in box pleat and baggy, but nice cloth and designs, they also had decent collars. On the machine I sewed in the box pleat and darted them at the back to make them slim fit, I then cut off The Ben Sherman label on the breast pocket with a scalpel and changed all the buttons. They then looked pretty authentic, I was often asked by some of the mates if I would do it for them, but the answer was always a firm NO, plus I hated doing it as It took ages. If I still had them I would definitely have to loosen off the darts.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.