• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yes, an added annoyance. Like you I knew the history of the West Midlands gangs but was not aware of the tv series until recently - I don’t watch much telly...
i agree that it's boring now that if you wear a cap people refer to the TV series.
Not even speaking of the Peaky Blinders look fad, quite ridiculous IMO.

I think it is an interesting series though (the only one i am watching since it's beginning), good plot, excellent actors, movie stars apparitions, historical references, for example last season featured Mosley and the British Union of Fascists.

Of course the mix of a story happening in the 1920s-1930s and a modern soundtrack does not always please everyone...

Excellent Tom Hardy performance, among others. The two main Characters, The Peaky brothers Thomas and Arthur Shelby, are very good too.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Yes, an added annoyance. Like you I knew the history of the West Midlands gangs but was not aware of the tv series until recently - I don’t watch much telly...
Ignoring the fact that they also wear newsboy caps in peaky blinders and not flat caps, i have never actually watched the TV program. i have been called victor meldrew before but thats funny, i don't belieeeeve it!

The dunn and co tweed jacket i have is real nice quality, 3 button, ticket pocket, really thick and it was only a fiver.

Kingstonian

Reaction score
The dunn and co tweed jacket i have is real nice quality, 3 button, ticket pocket, really thick and it was only a fiver.
It will last forever too. If it is Harris tweed you will not need to worry about wrinkles either.

On the other hand at my age if I am wearing a tweed jacket I often get offered a seat on the Tube. That would not happen if was in different clothes or had an earring or a ponytail. Swings and roundabouts.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tweed bucket hats, I have one I’d only wear with a technical Barbour, C.P. Company, Stone Island, etc., jacket.
On me it’d look like cosplay if I wore the tweed bucket hat with an overcoat, mac, tweed, etc. I’m 44 so I don’t think I’m, erm, “distinguished” enough yet.
Some good looks and discussion today though, fellas.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hats are strictly functional for me - a helmet, that sort of thing.

Kingstonian

Reaction score
Chris Difford of Squeeze absolutely nailed the Harrington look. It was a black knock off, like the one I had decades ago in my teens. No jeans. Of course Chris is older now and it would not look so good on him.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Excellent late entry by TWD on the Challenge.

I do like the 'Blue' Look a lot, and i really have to buy one of those FP Harringtons !

AND THE POLL IS UP !

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30