• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Look goes on...

Kingstonian

Reaction score
Canada gets the blame, but Americans also have their underwear on display as part of some of their military uniforms.

How about just wearing the polo neck open and not drawing unwanted comments, or simply not worrying about how low the cut the fully buttoned shirt is?

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was thinking the same.
Also didn’t know lacoste still made anything in France as everything I’ve seen and owned from them in ages has been offshored.
'That's the Wonder of Vintage'.
By coincidence I was thinking about clothes being made in country of origin yesterday,I came across some pictures of Lois cord and denim items being sold by Atom Retro and Stuarts.
Some nice clothes but possibly a bit young for most of us on here.
I remember a discussion about Lois on here some years ago and I thought that someone said that Lois was just a zombie brand,however the clothes online now state Made in Spain.
Some different type jackets and cuts of jeans/cords now,I quite like the Dark Sand needle cord trucker but not sure that its age appropriate.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reckon my Lacoste, although in excellent condition, is quite old. The rather small collar that I referred to would seem to confirm that.

We often discuss here our desire for ‘authenticity’ and seeing the Made in France label was what persuaded me.
One of the first lacoste items I ever owned was a white long sleeve polo Made in France, bought in 2002. Since then just about every lacoste item I have - loads of polos mostly - were all made elsewhere.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jimmy Balantyne many of those purchases would have stood you well in the Friday Challenge - Show us the Cut of Your Jib. But I do appreciate that you don't like to show off...

Anyway, go Vote!

Well, another Challenge put to bed and another victory for the good Inspector! Many congratulations and thank you for my votes guys.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the first lacoste items I ever owned was a white long sleeve polo Made in France, bought in 2002. Since then just about every lacoste item I have - loads of polos mostly - were all made elsewhere.
I bought my first Lacoste, a white short sleeve, in 1980 and wore them throughout the 80s and early 90s and recall they were all French-made.

This is the first I have bought since around 1995 when I probably drifted off towards other brands.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
How many is that, mate?

It was a pretty good Challenge for our little group!
Here it is Guys :

Hope to see you too on this one !
Cheers
C.

Kingstonian

Reaction score
Congratulations to Clouseau.

Notable mentions outside ‘the look goes on’ people :-

David Lane has an excellent gun club check jacket, the rest of his stuff did not step up to the mark.

Betelgeuse also had very nice kit.

As regards Harringtons, they are not Mr. K’s forte. He looks better in tailored casual stuff with a bit more gravitas. No cravats though.

Kingstonian

Reaction score
I also hope this does not turn into a clique voting pattern.

I thought Purple Label was definitely worth a vote but surprisingly - to me anyway - he got null points.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Clouseau.

Notable mentions outside ‘the look goes on’ people :-

David Lane has an excellent gun club check jacket, the rest of his stuff did not step up to the mark.

Betelgeuse also had very nice kit.

As regards Harringtons, they are not Mr. K’s forte. He looks better in tailored casual stuff with a bit more gravitas. No cravats though.
Well, what can I say? There I was thinking that second place in that esteemed company was a tolerably good outcome and you bring me back down to earth with a bump!

So, what do you advise? Should I sit out the next one?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.