• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yorky

Reaction score
Has anyone got a lego mod figure that can live in these lego houses?

Yorky

Reaction score
It's time for a new TLGO survey.

This is the most important referendum since the Brexit.

Desert Boots or Monkey Boots ?

View attachment 1254859

I am the happy owner of both, but i will vote for Desert Boots.

I hope we will have a majority and will avoid the no deal.
Votes opened until October 31, of course.
I will cast my vote for Desert boots, providing that they are Clarks (just a mod thing). I do have other pairs of suede boots, but I would call these chukka boots, rather than desert boots.
This is probably a sentimental thing, as I have been wearing them since I was about 13, at that time in the late 70s they weren't easy to come by.
They have always been a casual thing for me, not to be Worn with tailored trousers or the like.
At the last count I have around 18 pairs in different shades and colours, compared to 3 pairs of monkeys, 2 Grafters and 1 pair 1 pair of Mod shoes.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@Yorky, I have to say that i was quite reserved in the time about Desert Boots, exactly because they were a "mod thing", and TBH my little group then was not very fond of mods :-D. Until i bought my Cola pair (on the picture above) a few years ago, mainly because i really liked the color, and i now really like the style, will buy Astorflex next.
Wasn't really fond of Monkey Boots either, i've got an old pair for ages though, but the sole looks like that for a few months:
MBsole.jpg

About the survey, @Mr Knightley didn't cast his vote yet, but i know he will vote for desert boots, so it will be 3 votes against 3...

Hmmmmmmm
Boris-Johnson-at-Shaftebu-001.jpg

andyf

Reaction score
I will cast my vote for Desert boots, providing that they are Clarks (just a mod thing). I do have other pairs of suede boots, but I would call these chukka boots, rather than desert boots.
This is probably a sentimental thing, as I have been wearing them since I was about 13, at that time in the late 70s they weren't easy to come by.
They have always been a casual thing for me, not to be Worn with tailored trousers or the like.
At the last count I have around 18 pairs in different shades and colours, compared to 3 pairs of monkeys, 2 Grafters and 1 pair 1 pair of Mod shoes.
Got to admit I wear and like both. Monkey boots more though but for work. I think overall I prefer the desert though. If only I could clean the sole edging though.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to admit I wear and like both. Monkey boots more though but for work. I think overall I prefer the desert though. If only I could clean the sole edging though.
Never thought to—- but perhaps sandpaper?

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Inspector, the desert boot for me. But I hate the way the sole immediately discolours on the lighter ones. You can never get them clean again.

My brown pair get plenty of use but the sand were only worn once this summer - on the occasion of the FC military-inspired...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing for my new G9, with Gant BD, 501's, and Bass smooths.

View attachment 1255916
Great!

The way you wear your clothes does remind me of the old days. From your pictures I would say that you favour a slightly looser fit than is fashionable today?

Yesterday I was in TK Maxx again and my eye fell on a G9 in a Black Watch tartan. It was my size - 40 and reduced to £40!

I grabbed it and put it on. What a disappointment! It was tube-like and without shape. A very slim fit with short body but too long sleeves. So I left the shop, as I often do, empty handed.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was in TK Maxx again and my eye fell on a G9 in a Black Watch tartan. It was my size - 40 and reduced to £40!

I grabbed it and put it on. What a disappointment! It was tube-like and without shape. A very slim fit with short body but too long sleeves. So I left the shop, as I often do, empty handed.
They've not ballsed it up again have they? Mine from 3 years ago was too slim and too long, like a tube as you say, so I had to shorten the lining inside the back to give it its proper shape. Still too slim though, and I'm the same dimensions I was at 21!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.