• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
"Your favorite oxford shirt" is still running for almost a week. It would be great to have more contestants from our little "group".
This Friday Challenge is pretty popular with 15 entries so far, but (shhhh just between you and me) i don't think we have the winner yet, it really stays open… Every type of collar, pattern, and color, allowed as long as it's Oxford cloth.

Original BS OCBD
BS3.jpg

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the recent chat about TK Maxx I was looking back through my own bits and pieces from that emporium. I can't really think of another shop, apart perhaps from John Simons (and I have been going to him since 1969), that has so consistently come up with the goods. A small selection:

TK Maxx Composite.jpg

Ties from Salvatore Piccolo of Naples, Paul Costelloe and Balmain. Belt from Romeo Gigli. Knitwear from Nigel Hall and Pringle and shirts from PoloRL.

And, of course, the G9:

Sat Kingy G Pub_ (2).JPG

Yorky

Reaction score
A very nice collection there Mr K, and although I had said that I was going to kerb my buys, I couldn't resist the following.

G9 from TK Maxx Leeds £49.99 to replace my old darker shade of sand.
IMG_7834.JPG

Gant Rugger cotton BD £19.99 from Gant outlet York.

IMG_7835.JPG

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fifty quid for a genuine G-9 is ridiculous like. I don’t get to a TJMaxx very often over here but there’s an affiliated Marshall’s near me at which I once got a RLP linen shirt and ... well that’s about it!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It's time for a new TLGO survey.

This is the most important referendum since the Brexit.

Desert Boots or Monkey Boots ?

MB_opt.jpg

I am the happy owner of both, but i will vote for Desert Boots.

I hope we will have a majority and will avoid the no deal.
Votes opened until October 31, of course.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's time for a new TLGO survey.

This is the most important referendum since the Brexit.

Desert Boots or Monkey Boots ?

View attachment 1254859

I am the happy owner of both, but i will vote for Desert Boots.

I hope we will have a majority and will avoid the no deal.
Votes opened until October 31, of course.
Non non monsieur we must kick out those pesky brits cleanly so they stop getting in the way of our domination of Brussels and plundering of the centennial enemy's coffers. "Qu'un sang impur..."

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Desert boots for me. I have monkey boots but the “blocky communist blok chic” of them is another reason I dig the dessies more. Slicker, but sort of fit the same most-weather purpose as the clunky monkeys.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of miss Brutalism...

The Barbican is my favourite (20th century onwards) building in London. Newer additions just don't have the same courage. At most adding some curves to the international style. And 50 year old raw concrete has a unique "patina" :p

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dialectical/analytical struggle must continue! You must think only of increased Patriotic Monkey Boot production!

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
The dialectical/analytical struggle must continue! You must think only of increased Patriotic Monkey Boot production!
If you look at full pictures of lenin he is wearing a pair of monkey boots. Truly the peoples footwear.

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Kind of miss Brutalism...

The Barbican is my favourite (20th century onwards) building in London. Newer additions just don't have the same courage. At most adding some curves to the international style. And 50 year old raw concrete has a unique "patina" :p
Brutalist architecture is awesome, there needs to be a revival(serious).

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brutalist architecture is awesome, there needs to be a revival(serious).
Raw concrete is rarer these days but there are some instances that are clearly "inspired"... this life sized lego pile for example:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.