• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Light colours work OK with strides, especially in decent weather. I wear beige chinos, sta pressts and white Levi’s all year round in Florida. They help ‘tame’ a bold shirt too - that’s a good look but the belt sticks out as incongruous with the other colours.

Not easy finding a belt close to sand coloured dessies!
I have to say that i noticed too that Yorky has a rather strange taste in belts. Now each to his own anall that, but sometimes simple is best. Especially if you already wear a checked shirt.
À la suedehead i tend to match the color of belt and shoes. Only plain leather belts, in an array of colors to match (black, brown, burgundy). I've got lighter woven belts for summer, in plain colors too.
You can't always match (i.e. sand DB), but you can find a color that doesn't clash or stand out.

Yorky

Reaction score
Light colours work OK with strides, especially in decent weather. I wear beige chinos, sta pressts and white Levi’s all year round in Florida. They help ‘tame’ a bold shirt too - that’s a good look but the belt sticks out as incongruous with the other colours.

Not easy finding a belt close to sand coloured dessies!
Got a belt that matches the Dessies, I just fancied a bit of colour to give a contrast and minimise the "beigeness"

Yorky

Reaction score
I have to say that i noticed too that Yorky has a rather strange taste in belts. Now each to his own anall that, but sometimes simple is best. Especially if you already wear a checked shirt.
À la suedehead i tend to match the color of belt and shoes. Only plain leather belts, in an array of colors to match (black, brown, burgundy). I've got lighter woven belts for summer, in plain colors too.
You can't always match (i.e. sand DB), but you can find a color that doesn't clash or stand out.
Fair do's.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I try to match belt and shoes a lot. Also got a load of coloured canvas D ring belts to match various colours in outfits, which I wear with linen strides in the summer, but as I don’t tuck polo shirts I find that attention to detail sometimes a bit misplaced as they’re rarely visible.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yeah I try to match belt and shoes a lot. Also got a load of coloured canvas D ring belts to match various colours in outfits, which I wear with linen strides in the summer, but as I don’t tuck polo shirts I find that attention to detail sometimes a bit misplaced as they’re rarely visible.
The devil is in the details mate ! :)

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two belts so don't really bother - it's more of a winter or summer, formal or casual decision grid for me

Last edited:

Yorky

Reaction score
I think that I have reeled you in, now "Belt up".

PS the sun always shines everywhere in Gods own county.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.